Author: greendragon

China "The most corrupt country currently". How to solve?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-1-24 19:59:31 |Display all floors
I don't think anyone can come up with a better solution aimed to help China shake off corruption, since Chinese society and its social system are overflowing with patronage and nepotism,. The Chinese call it guanxi, which has been the indispensable part of Chinese culture.

That's why you can't find the separation of powers and checks and balances in China, as you find in Western nations that also champion  the separation of church and state. The perfect explanation would be that the separation of powers would hurt interest groups' political and financial interests, since they would have to abide by the law rather than wielding their clout at will,  doling out favors and  lining their own pockets. Such curbs on the incumbent are  understandably unthinkable in a nation where the centralization of power is the backbone of its political system.

More to the point, the old thinking that 天下莫非王土 still holds sway in China, where the powers to be seem to take their special privileges for granted, thinking that they are just superior to the rabble. That accounts for youngsters' obsession with the thought of securing plum jobs in government entities, since you become a sought-after person once you become part of officialdom in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-25 00:24:45 |Display all floors
This post was edited by tonysong2000 at 2014-1-25 00:25

bribery is illegal...we utilize national law to avoid bribery.
life is colorful with you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-25 00:55:44 |Display all floors
NgTran Post time: 2014-1-24 17:09
How to solve ?
Quite easy !
Division of powers !

That is called the Westminster System of government , UK, Australia, New Zealand, have this system of government.
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-25 01:02:59 |Display all floors
Indonesia makes china look honest
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-25 03:18:12 |Display all floors
F111 Post time: 2014-1-24 18:02
Indonesia makes china look honest

Even president Mugabe would agree on that
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-25 05:19:25 |Display all floors
Motika Post time: 2014-1-25 03:18
Even president Mugabe would agree on that

Agree

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-25 05:30:53 |Display all floors
greendragon Post time: 2014-1-24 15:01
Shocking 4ft 9inches - average Pinoy

The Philippine women must be the happiest women on earth.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.