Author: Laowai2?

Chinese business card etiquette [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-1-21 09:19:37 |Display all floors
My business cards have my full name in English and the name by which I am known in China in Chinese characters. As I am only ever called Andy in China that is all I put, having given name and surname in Chinese would be 5 characters and too complicated. My Chinese driving licence only has the name Andy on it, no family name and the local police seem to be happy with that.

In all do not over complicate matters, keep it simple.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-21 20:08:11 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2014-1-21 06:01
Always eat the Chicken Feet........

The hosts of my first meeting were either testing me or had a weird sense of humour. They of course ordered all the food and it is expected that everyone eats some of each dish. I learned afterwards that I had eaten parts of a pig and a cow that I would definetly not have chosen. I also drank far more white wine than I should have which probably helped. It's remarkable at such dinners how, regardless of how much you drink, your glass never seems to empty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-23 18:46:28 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2014-1-21 05:59
You're giving poor advice....You're friend is wrong..... Presenting Business cards in China, is a  ...

things are diversified,  i don't believe in fixed patterns.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2014-1-23 21:18:15 |Display all floors
MiaoY Post time: 2014-1-23 18:46
things are diversified,  i don't believe in fixed patterns.

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN....
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-23 21:47:08 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2014-1-23 21:18
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN....

oh, i meant different methods work on different conditions. even though generally speaking it is good to be polite and formal, being casual might be helpfu in showing your own character and edge. that is my guessiing.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2014-1-24 06:51:53 |Display all floors
FROM MY EXPERIENCE......CHINESE ARE ALWAYS VERY FORMAL IN THEIR WORKING ENVIRONMENT, AND VERY FRIENDLY AND INFORMAL AFTER WORK HOURS...
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-24 09:33:26 |Display all floors
Esp. KTV girls right Sammy
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.