Views: 1255|Replies: 2

US spies want 'chance' to kill Snowden [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-1-18 08:47:41 |Display all floors
American whistleblower Edward Snowden has become the biggest enemy in the US intelligence community for revealing the National Security Agency’s (NSA) spying programs last year.

As the intelligence community struggles to contain the damage done by Snowden’s disclosures, intelligence operators have continued to boil in very personal terms against the former NSA contractor.

“In a world where I would not be restricted from killing an American, I personally would go and kill him myself,” a current NSA analyst told BuzzFeed. “A lot of people share this sentiment.”

“I would love to put a bullet in his head,” one Pentagon official, a former special forces officer, said. “I do not take pleasure in taking another human being’s life, having to do it in uniform, but he is single-handedly the greatest traitor in American history.”

“His name is cursed every day over here,” a defense contractor told BuzzFeed, speaking from an overseas intelligence collections base. “Most everyone I talk to says he needs to be tried and hanged forget the trial and just hang him.”

One Army intelligence officer even told BuzzFeed, “I think if we had the chance, we would end it very quickly.”

“Just casually walking on the streets of Moscow, coming back from buying his groceries, going back to his flat and he is casually poked by a passerby. He thinks nothing of it at the time starts to feel a little woozy and thinks it’s a parasite from the local water. He goes home very innocently and next thing you know he dies in the shower.”

While Snowden is considered a traitor in intelligence community circles, some members of Congress have hailed him as a whistleblower, privacy activists call him a hero and demand clemency for him.

On Friday, President Barack Obama said the United States will not apologize for the NSA’s controversial spying programs at home and abroad, but promised modest changes.

During a major policy speech, Obama ordered changes to US intelligence-gathering practices, but the changes fall short of the drastic cutbacks demanded by privacy activists.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-18 15:17:34 |Display all floors
Too bad Russia won't accept cash in lieu of letting the killers go.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-18 17:30:07 |Display all floors
What a funny post
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.