Author: jay_dee

Indian diplomat indicted, asked to leave the U.S.   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-1-11 21:18:16 |Display all floors
Of course she has been "accused" of visa fraud. But the matter is under investigation. She has not been proven guilty. It's just not right to treat her the way she was treated. It was a deliberate attempt to insult her. The place of her arrest, the way she was handled, everything points to an intended insult. It is this insult and the way she was treated and subsequent cold response from concerned government departments and officials that resulted in such a fiasco.

I have said it already, but saying again in case you or anyone missed - the matter wouldn't have blown out of proportion if it was handled better.

I have said it already and saying again, law enforcement is needed. But at the same time respect for international law and protocols is needed too. USA is guilty of violating those. And not only in this case. US has come across as a non-controllable political bully. This episode was no different.

In this whole episode the party to suffer more damage is USA. Everyone knows Indian about Indian politicians and women's safety in India. But trying to justify USA's wrong actions because things are not all correct with Indian politicians is no acceptable. USA is not some kind of ruler of the world, as it has attempted to exhibit. The whole issue is not about whether the diplomat falsified the documents. The issue is US has been reckless about handling people from undeveloped and developing countries. And the whole point is someone had to stand up and tell US that they would be paid back in their own coin.

And this is height of intellectual bankruptcy to link this case with women's safety in India. What has that got to do with this case? Are all the idiots justifying US's stand here saying US has right to manhandle a diplomat because in her home country women's safety is questionable? Deplorable!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-11 21:24:19 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-1-11 20:17
Your English is quite quaint, thank you for the efforts in speaking it with us.

But you re ...

That's what you are. A loser resorting to "English" game

Shall we play some word games if you have nothing relevant to say

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-12 00:01:58 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-1-11 22:18
Are you playing at John Wayne at the International Tribunal? If so, it would stand you in good s ...
"THE United States of America, The U.S> of A. "

That's hilarious

Fine, even you ignoramus know that Khobra stands accused of false claims in her visa application. This accusation did not originate from thin air. Your lukewarm "nothing has been proven" is a no-brainer. HER INNOCENCE has NOT been PROVEN; her guilt would no doubt be demonstrated easily enough if she had not left the U.S. of A.

Now you are whining and bewailing the treatment this crook received from the police; why is that? Does it matter? Since all suspects are commonly treated in this way, why should Khobra be treated BETTER? Because of her race? Because she is member of India's diplomatic corps?

WHY DON'T YOU CALL FOR MEMBERS OF INDIA'S MISSIONS ABROAD TOEARN RESPECT FOR THEIR EMPLOYER, THE INDIAN STATE???

And yes, I admit that as a diplomat - or a semi-diplomat - she might have the right to a slightly "better" treatment.

Personally I think this is wrong. Wrong in the cases of all diplomatic suspects, not just Indian ones - of course. They should be treated just like everybody else.

See, a person charged with a crime can't be treated like that. A "diplomat" (please note the quotes) is not a normal person. A protocol needs to be followed to deal with a person with a diplomat status. By your logic, would you also say Bill Clinton should have been treated the same way after he had been accused of having put his banana in Lewinsky's mouth? That's plainly hilarious.

How about USA (oops sorry, The U.S> of A.) (by the way it's "The U. S. of A" not "The U.S> of A." you smarta.s.s ) agents killing people in Pakistan and White House coming out in full force to evacuate him? Where was the moral at that time? What kind of law it was? Do you want me to list more instances, or one is enough?

I don't have to tell any government anything. I am sure Indians have got a handle of how bad they can get screwed if they are not careful about local laws. And why only they, a lot of 3rd world nations pay their diplomats themselves lesser than the official wage in US. Such things are not entirely controllable by the US law. As about the Indians, it is not secret that they take law enforcement very lightly. And they have got screwed for the same. Americans, on the other hand, are so much into legalities that people even think a 100 times before opening their mouth. USA is all about law. So much so that people sometimes wish the life were a bit less complicated. Indians take law enforcement very casually as governance in India is kind of soft.

By the way, do you go to government of America (oops U.S> o A. ) to show your bravery that you have posted so many comments defending their stupidity/their immoral actions? I hope you do so, since you are advising me to be an adviser to the Indian state

If US didn't realize it had messed and has been pushed to the wall it wouldn't have speeded up the matters through diplomatic channels after sitting unusually long on the approval of the Diplomat's UN posting. Anyone who has followed this case would come to understand what has happened.

The repercussions of this ugly incident will be felt by most American diplomats posted abroad, who will be hurt by the very thought of having been stripped of the privileges they enjoyed everywhere in the world; as more and more nations will take to reciprocal approach in handling such situations in future.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-12 05:42:35 |Display all floors
jay_dee Post time: 2014-1-11 05:27
This was diplomacy in action.
The Indian Govt demanded Richard's be extradited for criminal charges  ...

More than 29 million people are living in slavery, according to the first index to attempt to measure the scale of modern-day slavery on a country-by-country basis.

The index, published by the Walk Free Foundation on Thursday, ranks 162 countries and identifies risk factors for enslavement and the government responses.

The research found that around 10 countries hold about 70% of the world's slaves. India has the highest number of people enslaved in absolute terms, approximately 14 million, almost half the total worldwide. China has 2.9 million enslaved and Pakistan is third, with an estimated 2 million.
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-12 05:46:56 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2014-1-12 01:49
Dr.Bill.Shen Post time: 2014-1-11 08:39
It is wrong for US to treat diplomat like other thugs. You have a point regarding flying the famil ...

Really? Diplomats are a special class of people that have to be exonerated and kowtowed to even if they are criminals? This is an example of the fine ways folks are accorded some dignity and rights in US. The enslaved person is human and deserves some dignity. The diplomat is a fool and a jumped up one at that>

India is famous for this sort of thing, there was a fmous case a few years ago here......lock her up!

The research found that around 10 countries hold about 70% of the world's slaves. India has the highest number of people enslaved in absolute terms, approximately 14 million, almost half the total worldwide. China has 2.9 million enslaved and Pakistan is third, with an estimated 2 million.
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-12 06:16:29 |Display all floors
Since you are not showing any ability to understand the discussion you don't deserve any reply.

It is you who does not comprehend the discussion, please return to the children's table.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-1-12 11:42:13 |Display all floors
manoj10 Post time: 2014-1-11 22:24
I am not sure how the US citizens would be happy over footing the monthly bill for the maid and her  ...

it does not worry most, the US just keeps printing money as it feels a need. It is called "Quantitative Easing", apparently quite different from the illegal printing of money by individuals. They can 'afford to' pay the maid's family millions and not feel a difference among the trillions!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.