Views: 11657|Replies: 50

It's too darn cold': Historic freeze brings rare danger warning   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-1-8 08:04:06 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sansukong at 2014-1-8 07:16

'It's too darn cold': Historic freeze brings rare danger warning

By Matt Smith and Josh Levs, CNN

January 7, 2014 -- Updated 0322 GMT (1122 HKT)

I
                                                                                                                                             Ice builds up along Lake Michigan at Chicago's North Avenue Beach on Monday, January 6.                                             

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-8 09:09:14 |Display all floors
Ohio has been hit by the same 'polar vortex'.  We've had wind-chills last night that were -40f.

Its been terrible.  I've never seen anything like it.  We were spared the blizzard we were supposed to get from lake effect snow.  But I have been miserable.

My furnace cannot keep the house warm with the winds that we've had.  Its just been too cold...bad insulation.  Downtown yesterday a water main broke and there was a river flowing in the streets.  Another smaller one broke this morning.

Only ones not miserable seems to be my chows.  They are just completely unaffected by the arctic temperatures.  They are inside dogs, but I have a nice yard.  Their routine hasn't slowed.  I'm pretty amazed actually about how often they want to go outside and stay out.  Crazy.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-8 09:20:01 |Display all floors
What scientists have warned you........

Cold gets colder
Hot gets hotter

Australia is having a record heat wave.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-8 09:21:59 |Display all floors
Latest scientific papers all point to .......climate change / global warming is more serious , more extreme, and happening faster than anyone forecasted.............

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-8 10:05:21 |Display all floors
yeah so whatever happens

if its dry you are correct
if its wet you are correct

just don't use the term "global warming"
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-8 10:11:50 |Display all floors
I could care less how this falls in your global warming battle....I'm living in it.

It sucks whatever is behind it.  

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-8 10:15:14 |Display all floors
laincoubert Post time: 2014-1-8 10:05
yeah so whatever happens

if its dry you are correct

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.