Author: voice_cd

'Chunyun' and me   [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal

Post time 2014-1-11 08:52:36 |Display all floors
I think it's good in a Big City.....SO MANY PEOPLE LEAVE........tHE CITIES ARE EMPTY...YOU CAN DO MANY THINGS WITHOUT BE CROWED..
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-13 01:06:08 |Display all floors
I will go to China in a couple weeks to visit my fiance in Guangzhou. Then, we will travel to her hometown in HuBei by train. She says I will be shocked at the amount of people, but I'm not so sure. I've read and been told about it so many times, I don't know if I can be shocked by it now.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2014-1-13 03:07:22 |Display all floors
always keep toilet paper in your pocket.....
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2014-1-15 13:01:41 |Display all floors
Note: hereafter article is one of my blogs, I think it has somewhat connection with "chunyun", so i re-post it here, just for earning smiles from friends.

From City to Rural

Restless for months, I decided to return my hometown, the root for an ordinary urbanite--Snowipine, which is approximately 150 kilometers away from Zhengzhou, to see my aged parents. Use a modern buzzword, my parents belong to the category of the so-called "empty nest" aged people.

Last Wednesday, I asked for a three days leave, I wanna home.  

The public buses which alternatively took me home after several hours' trip. The feeling of the whole journey was pleasant. First, it was the city public bus, then the express way, after that here was the national road,  the provincial road and county road,  they were all so smooth as tasting my favorite Chinese tea, one cup after another.

Upon I got off the bus in our town seat, the bright and warm sun had set down, the wind was not so horrible as my childhood's memory, but, it was chill enough and made me desperately wanna get home asap. Home, is the nest for a wandering heart, any way.

I walked for miles, finally I got my village gate! My mother had already been waiting me for hours beside the crossroad leading to my small village.

Under the street light  in front of my old house, my now somewhat funny old father staring the direction we were walking.

Dinner was simple,  which I can't use the accurate English wordings to describe, at most I can say it's a soup made with corn powder and sweet potato, here was also  steamed buns, and preserved white turnip. This was kind of  normal traditional Chinese food in rural area in Luo Yang, at least it was my childhood luxury stable food stuff, now, my parents, are still, take them as staple food. I am sorry for this, I always think, what is the meaning  for the priority to bring up a boy, not a girl?.

The long chatting was all about family trivial matters, changes of the village and advices as well as hopes.

Talkative father, was so silent for two years; frugal mother was still so stubborn in accepting my gift in cash and, she also persisted to give me some their savings for my newly bought house. The fiery quarrel was lasting till to the middle night, we were tired, the neighbors, maybe would spy or complain what our talking, so, we, went to rest and let the night keeps its due tranquility.

I was sleepless. I lied down on my bed, recalling the stories I had experienced, all seemed just occured yesterday. "The beddings, my newlywed bedding, though after decades, it is still so warm, clean and tidy!
and, My old house is so low and shabby compared with neighbors; I have only one child;my old parents know and  dion't know very clearly  what is going outside; I hate for the reality I can't fulfil my due responsibility as a son; I can't care for them in person in my own home in nowaday my residence, because of my parents have to take care of the house of my laid off elder brother, now a migrant worker; I also wonder what if one day I become  a migrant worker, an old "funny" guy..."

When I woke up the next morning, the sun light was so bright and warm as usual, which was flowing on my bed gently, my mother called me for the breakfast,

"Hey, Snowipine, it's time wake up, and, breakfast, the sun is so good!"

I said,

" Mom, ok, I am ready!'

" Wait awhile, I am an urbanite"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-15 14:55:49 |Display all floors
That's a nightmare but unforgotten image for each "Chunyun". In my memory, there is seldom change to get ticket for New Year golden date such as before New Year Eve. So for us, including my hunband and child, we usually choose the first day of lunar calendar to fly to home. That's the sole alternative for us who must go home to visit parents, but without crowded returnees. I suggest you having a try if not so cared tradition.

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Post time 2014-1-17 23:52:29 |Display all floors
Dr.Bill.Shen Post time: 2014-1-6 23:34
It is time of year again. As usual, I tried to book a flights to see my mother in kunming as early a ...

Too tired, really.

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Post time 2014-1-17 23:56:56 |Display all floors
lyeen Post time: 2014-1-8 08:42
In the recent days, I always help my colleagues fight for the tickets, but usually with an end of fa ...

You are lucky angel.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.