Author: greedy-hyenas

Western economies: A tale of thieves and tapers   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-1-7 12:53:50 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2014-1-6 19:58
They are not called condos in China, you idiot.  And I guess one of you do not plan to eat?

She calls it her house but it's the same thing as a condo in the USA.
You aren't in China anyway so why does it matter?
You have been successfully indoctrinated. You think you need $2 million just to retire.
That's how the investment firms draw you in so they can take whatever money you
would have otherwise saved.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-7 13:05:21 |Display all floors
I reckon Western economies are practising Institutionalized Exploitation and Legalized Robbery.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-7 13:05:27 |Display all floors
This post was edited by tedbrent at 2014-1-7 13:13
robert237 Post time: 2014-1-7 11:28
The social security fund has been raided in the USA to the tune of about 6 or 7 trillion dollars so  ...

Who's Jack Welsh? You mean Jack Welch, the former CEO of GE? What makes you think he's one of the vile criminals of capitalism? Simply because he is known for slashing expenses or reducing staffing costs ? What's wrong with that? GE would have not been a well-run company had the management of GE , headed up by Jack Wlech, refrained from boosting productivity and operational efficiency.

He used to be a respectable manager or one of the best managers in history, in the words of Fortune magazine, which  called him Manager of the Century  in its special issue published back in 1999.  Fortune also published a glowing article lionizing him in the same issue, touting his exceptional management principles and impressive leadership if not charisma. Too bad that he has become a nuisance later on after tying the knot with a complacent female columnist calling herself financial guru.  

By the by, poverty is even worse in China.  Many poor rural kids even don't have a chance to go to school; some inner-city schoolchildren have trouble playing their school or tuition fees as well, thanks to rising school fees and other exorbitant fees demanded by their rapacious schools and their lusty beaks, who are mostly egomaniacs and pseuds.

Please be a realist, Robert. America, particularly Wall Street, is a place where you can find assorted  scandals related to financial machinations, excessive CEO pay and abuse of power, with big dogs living large and thin cats fighting poverty. No one would deny that's true. Yet you could describe the same situation to China now, with the wealthy scrambling to go to Western nations to splurge on big-ticket items and the poor, laid-off workers, or  newly graduated college students striving to find low-paid jobs in order to  earn their keep.  

You might be another fat cat, Robert. You just can't comprehend how hard it is for a commoner to make a decent living in China. They just want to survive in this increasingly desensitized, ruthless world ruled by the so-called the Law of the Jungle. China's leaders should be paying more attention to such poor Chinese citizens first because they are Chinese, not Americans.

Robert, just don't be melodramatic and keep tossing out such seemingly appalling utterances like a shell-shocked investor. If we really love China and want China to have a healthy economy, then we should be pragmatists  by pinpointing all the weak links and impediments hindering economic growth in China. It's no use grousing about America. It's no use raising a stink about its poorly decision-making. It's no use snubbing Jack Welch and his own views on capitalism.

Why? Because we are  not in a position to lecture them on how to run a company or how to create jobs and pep its economy up. We are just some ordinary folk on earth, Robert. Well, I could be wrong about you. Sorry.  Are you an economist?

In fairness,  you are entitled to your own opinion; however, just don't label  other visitors as imperialists or even fascists. That's truly beyond the pale. I know that we have some guys here keen on roasting China, but you can find many friendly foreigners here willing to be friends of the Chinese.  What's the point of raising hackles here by making such generalizations and calling them all  imperialists?

I'd say that's utterly childish and clottish. Robert,  time for you or even me to come of age.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-7 13:09:44 |Display all floors
  Are you an economist? A typo.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-7 13:14:46 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-1-7 11:28
The social security fund has been raided in the USA to the tune of about 6 or 7 trillion dollars so  ...

Who's Jack Welsh? You mean Jack Welch, the former CEO of GE? What makes you think he's one of the vile criminals of capitalism? Simply because he is known for slashing expenses or reducing staffing costs ? What's wrong with that? GE would have not been a well-run company had the management of GE , headed up by Jack Wlech, refrained from boosting productivity and operational efficiency.

He used to be a respectable manager or one of the best managers in history, in the words of Fortune magazine, which  called him Manager of the Century  in its special issue published back in 1999.  Fortune also published a glowing article lionizing him in the same issue, touting his exceptional management principles and impressive leadership if not charisma. Too bad that he has become a nuisance later on after tying the knot with a complacent female columnist calling herself financial guru.  

By the by, poverty is even worse in China.  Many poor rural kids even don't have a chance to go to school; some inner-city schoolchildren have trouble playing their school or tuition fees as well, thanks to rising school fees and other exorbitant fees demanded by their rapacious schools and their lusty beaks, who are mostly egomaniacs and pseuds.

Please be a realist, Robert. America, particularly Wall Street, is a place where you can find assorted  scandals related to financial machinations, excessive CEO pay and abuse of power, with big dogs living large and thin cats fighting poverty. No one would deny that's true. Yet you could describe the same situation to China now, with the wealthy scrambling to go to Western nations to splurge on big-ticket items and the poor, laid-off workers, or  newly graduated college students striving to find low-paid jobs in order to  earn their keep.  

You might be another fat cat, Robert. You just can't comprehend how hard it is for a commoner to make a decent living in China. They just want to survive in this increasingly desensitized, ruthless world ruled by the so-called the Law of the Jungle. China's leaders should be paying more attention to such poor Chinese citizens first because they are Chinese, not Americans.

Robert, just don't be melodramatic and keep tossing out such seemingly appalling utterances like a shell-shocked investor. If we really love China and want China to have a healthy economy, then we should be pragmatists  by pinpointing all the weak links and impediments hindering economic growth in China. It's no use grousing about America. It's no use raising a stink about its poorly decision-making. It's no use snubbing Jack Welch and his own views on capitalism.

Why? Because we are  not in a position to lecture them on how to run a company or how to create jobs and pep its economy up. We are just some ordinary folk on earth, Robert. Well, I could be wrong about you. Sorry.  Are you an economist?

In fairness,  you are entitled to your own opinion; however, just don't label  other visitors as imperialists or even fascists. That's truly beyond the pale. I know that we have some guys here keen on roasting China, but you can find many friendly foreigners here willing to be friends of the Chinese.  What's the point of raising hackles here by making such generalizations and calling them all  imperialists?

I'd say that's utterly childish and clottish. Robert,  time for you or even me to come of age.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-7 13:22:06 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-1-7 12:53
She calls it her house but it's the same thing as a condo in the USA.
You aren't in China anyway s ...

It is not a house either.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-1-7 13:26:52 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2014-1-6 21:22
It is not a house either.

I don't know what you call it but it's a place where people live. I call it a condo, she calls it a house.
And you're the one who calls me an idiot.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.