Author: vivianbai

10 Foreign Companies Control Chinese Daily Life   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-1-6 07:00:15 |Display all floors
roninxian Post time: 2014-1-6 06:59
Nestle and Unilever are NOT American companies.

Close to it though
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-6 07:03:31 |Display all floors
F111 Post time: 2014-1-6 07:00
Close to it though

Try telling that to those companies.  Try telling that to Europeans.  Is this because their products are also sold in America?  
Indonesia is 'close' to China, so I should consider Indonesian products Chinese?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-6 07:06:10 |Display all floors
roninxian Post time: 2014-1-6 07:03
Try telling that to those companies.  Try telling that to Europeans.  Is this because their produc ...

Why not, both countries produce low quality products with questionable work practices
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-6 07:07:40 |Display all floors
Pizza Hut, KFC, and Taco Bell are NOT part of PepsiCo.  They are YUM brands.  Pepsi spun these off so many years ago.  Your research is not very good.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-6 07:09:13 |Display all floors
F111 Post time: 2014-1-6 07:06
Why not, both countries produce low quality products with questionable work practices

Then don't buy them.   You won't hurt their feelings OR their bank accounts.
Show me where their products are low quality and that they practice questionable work practices.
An axe to grind?  You couldn't a McJob?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-6 07:19:35 |Display all floors
roninxian Post time: 2014-1-6 07:09
Then don't buy them.   You won't hurt their feelings OR their bank accounts.
Show me where their p ...

A bit difficult, when the developed world enjoys the fruits of slave labor from the third world. The world is awash with the bad practices and lack of an ethos. I can avoid Indonesian products. I always do. Chinese products cannot be avoided only limited to what you buy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-6 07:21:19 |Display all floors
I don't agree with this premise at all.  How can ten international brands control your daily life?  Do you consume that many of these products that you can't live without them?  Are there not Chinese brands that offer the same products?  No one holds a gun to your head or takes your wallet from your pocket and forces you to buy any of these products.
There are many of those companies and products I don't purchase.  I buy what I like best.  If it is one of those named, I will buy it. If I don't like the product, there's no way in hell I'm going to be controlled by them.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.