Author: dusty1

American Icebreaker to the Rescue.   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-1-6 19:17:01 |Display all floors
A big slap in the face of all the nationalist trash: far far far from propaganda: sicentist just helps other when meet difficult. a minimum of brain and you know that hate lead nowhere.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-1-7 06:51:04 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-1-6 18:56
The hero at the end of the movie is still Captain America.

Capita  America, is my favourite super hero, since I was a child.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-7 12:09:43 |Display all floors
F111 Post time: 2014-1-6 16:57
Australia asked the Americans to help

no matter who ask for help, what americans have done is the behavior as super police. china went to rescue in the first place and stucked in the ice. and then ,wow. america appeared. save both their ass. i am being ironic maybe but i admit they are being helpful and their help will be appreciated and complimented.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-7 12:12:25 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2014-1-6 16:46
WTF?

maybe i am being a little ironic but they are being  helpful. i would not deny that.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-1-7 17:15:15 |Display all floors
summerecho Post time: 2014-1-7 12:12
maybe i am being a little ironic but they are being  helpful. i would not deny that.

They are, it is good to be a romantic

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-8 17:07:31 |Display all floors
Antarctic break: Russian, Chinese stranded ships navigate out of ice trap

A Russian-built ship stranded in the Antarctic ice has started moving away from the ice fields after a change of wind cleared its path. A Chinese icebreaker, which was caught herself on the way to rescue the vessel, has already reached clear waters.

The ‘Akademik Shokalskiy’ research ship, which left the port of Bluff in New Zealand on December 8 with 52 passengers and 22 crew members onboard, got stuck in Antarctic ice on December 24. Chinese, Australian and French icebreakers tried to rescue her, but none of them managed, and the Chinese vessel herself got stuck.

The passengers on the vessel were evacuated last Thursday by helicopter to the Australian Aurora Australis, while crew members stayed behind.

Luckily, as the weather changed the danger threatening the trapped vessels decreased.

“The situation is favorable now. First, the wind changed direction from an Easterly to a North-Westerly, which changed the direction of ice drift. A large crack formed in the ice, and the ship is now navigating it,” Yury Volgov, director of the Far-Eastern Hydrometeorology Research Institute, which owns the Academician Shokalsky, told media.

The ship may escape the clutches of the ice field quite soon, ship captain Igor Kiselyov said.

“We are sailing at low speed, changing courses. We’ve traveled 20 miles so far. It’s difficult so far, with dense fog and visibility no further than 500 meters. But the ice is thinner and broken here, so we’re moving,” he said.

Overall ranking from the top in math scores are
1.Shanghai (China)
2. Singapore
3. Hong Kong
4. Taiwan
5. South Korea

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.