Author: dusty1

Chinese children meet western parenting style   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-1-7 08:39:33 |Display all floors
are Chinese parents cowards raising children

i dont really think its cowardice, just very different ways. most of the time i see the grandparents raising the kids. even if the parents are there, they tend to just let the grandparents do it. its the culture of "the older the more knowledgeable" without thinking about the age gap and differences in raising kids from then and now.
also, i feel most chinese dont have a sense of consequence. if a kid does something wrong, parents just shout at them, or hit them. there is no real punishment. you will see this amongst adults as well, except money will pay to solve the problem.
personally i feel most chinese should not have kids. this is from my experience and what i have seen. im not saying that chinese are bad parents, there are bad parents all over the world, but the negligence of children you see in china is unbelievable.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-7 12:05:52 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2014-1-6 16:49
It is vert difficult for everybody, it has been12 months now, we are all still learning. I have no ...

it is a process, takes time. getting wrong ideas right is not a easy task. but be patient , insist on what you're doing and you will get what you want.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-1-7 17:17:49 |Display all floors
summerecho Post time: 2014-1-7 12:05
it is a process, takes time. getting wrong ideas right is not a easy task. but be patient , insist ...

I know what I am doing, is correct, but is it the correct way for them? I have to forget I am not in the military anymore. We are learning off each other, with major problems thrown in for good measure. My god this is very scary some days.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-8 18:22:35 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2014-1-7 17:17
I know what I am doing, is correct, but is it the correct way for them? I have to forget I am not  ...

raising a child is not easy, let along you have 2. you'll never know how it bothers you until you have children. i cannot tell you exactly if it is correct for them, why not ask them? i mean even though they are just children, they still have their ideas.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-9 08:57:37 |Display all floors
summerecho Post time: 2014-1-8 18:22
raising a child is not easy, let along you have 2. you'll never know how it bothers you until you  ...

It is not easy for them, I don't chase them to do things, if they don't plan ahead they miss out. When I say I am leaving at 3pm, I am leaving at 3pm, that is not the time to get ready. They have to manage their own time, this is their responsibility not mine.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-9 12:03:14 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2014-1-9 08:57
It is not easy for them, I don't chase them to do things, if they don't plan ahead they miss out.  ...

agree. you have to let them know it's their responsibility and then they will be aware in some extent

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-9 22:21:32 |Display all floors
summerecho Post time: 2014-1-9 12:03
agree. you have to let them know it's their responsibility and then they will be aware in some ext ...

What makes me angry is, the parents agree with me, yet they won't support me. They have to take responsibility foe their lives. I really do believe this. I was 10 times harder with my own children. They will both be doctors soon.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.