Author: Fayewang90

New greetings in China: Have you Queued?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-1-8 12:20:50 |Display all floors
Hi vf84tcat,

I gave a link to one forum of retail workers, many were from the U.S., they provide the more than one example. a search on google for other retail workers forums and complaint forums finds even more.

Anyway, I think we could run around in circles here, unless we ratify things.
The meaning I perceived was that it never happens in the USA.

If the perception that you wished to convey is that it happens far, far less in the USA, I have no problem with.

If I seemed to be splitting hairs, maybe so, that's just me. Keep asking questions until you think you have all the information that is available.

I love this Russian proverb, "Doveryai no proveryai" = Trust but verify.

I looked at your tag and wondered what it could represent, perhaps it is a call I don't recognize.
I see that you are a well traveled mechanical engineer, so, you must be very good at what you do.

I look forward to reading your posts in the future as in the past.

The day I stop learning will be the day I die. Maybe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-8 21:10:44 |Display all floors
Fayewang90 Post time: 2014-1-7 22:13

have you had your laba yet...and still dunno what it is for all those years  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-8 22:17:22 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2014-1-8 21:10
have you had your laba yet...and still dunno what it is for all those years

As I had a eaxm to prepare , I didn't have the Laba porridge this morning. But I made it up at dinner. It is a festival to sacrifice to ancestors and gods for good harvest and good luck. And it is also said to be the day when Budhhism was found, so many would give their Laba porridge to the homeless for accumulating belssings. And the Laba porridge is said to have the power to avoid disease.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-8 23:30:30 |Display all floors
Fayewang90 Post time: 2014-1-8 09:17
As I had a eaxm to prepare , I didn't have the Laba porridge this morning. But I made it up at din ...

i think it's the same as 吃禁 or fasting, and i do that like twice a month here in new york by payin a visit to my local temple/pagoda...good luck in your exam  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-11 22:24:12 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2014-1-8 23:30
i think it's the same as 吃禁 or fasting, and i do that like twice a month here in new york by pay ...

Not like fasting in some degree, as we are encourage to eat the Laba porridge to get good health and luck~~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-12 01:27:44 |Display all floors
Fayewang90 Post time: 2014-1-11 09:24
Not like fasting in some degree, as we are encourage to eat the Laba porridge to get good health a ...

we dont have laba celebration here in nu york not least not to my knowledge  but we do have buddhistical dishes and i do that twice a month  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-21 17:48:33 |Display all floors
You should queue for nearly everything in China.
If you are foreigners living in Qingdao, let us help you.
http://www.itolot.com/

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.