Author: jay_dee

"Made in China" cheap and unsafe   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-1-3 22:42:35 |Display all floors
i wonder if it was chinese's brand or chinese design to cause such a unsafe & life threatenin OR it is purely amerikan brand & design  {:soso_e114:}{:soso_e113:}{:soso_e120:}
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-3 22:46:56 |Display all floors
walmart did not point the finger at china...if you idiots here want to say somethin then make dam sure it is valid before you even open your big stinky mouth (youknowho you are i dont have the time to ame y'all here)  {:soso_e114:}{:soso_e129:}
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-3 23:52:20 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2014-1-4 00:42
i wonder if it was chinese's brand or chinese design to cause such a unsafe & life threatenin OR it  ...

Well, since you ask, I bought them from HK.
Funny thing was, there were a few different sellers, selling stuff from different makers.
Being el scungy at the time, I got the el cheapo ones. I saved a massive 5 cents each.
About half a Yuan or 5 Jiao.
How could they make and insert and extra component (the spring) for less money than the other ones?

I don't know?

I think the way for all electrical connector manufacturers to go, is to never, ever intentionally design something that can be a dead short into any electrical connector. It's a fire waiting to happen.

You know, if it can go wrong, it will, because people are also involved.

Regardless of where it was made.
I reckon it was a new manufacturer with a just out of uni design team and it was their first go at re-inveting the wheel.

Now, about just out of uni design teams.

Years ago, in Australia, a just out of uni, lets re-invent the wheel team went to Western Australia to help make the railways much better than they were.

They re-designed the system of spikes and retainers for the track to the sleepers.
After they had tested them? They were fitted and of course, soon failed, and all need to be put back the way they were before.

Shit like this happens in every country.

These are they failed attempts at advancement.

If we didn't keep trying, we would still be throwing rocks at each other instead of talking nicely on an internet forum.

What went wrong at the connector factory.
I wasn't there to tell them what would happen if they put a spring into it.

Impossible to actually know, not being in touch with that design team and their assumptions about specifications.

Very bad that people got hurt with this stuff.
There is however missing information from the story.

Were the people that hurt themselves,
hurt by the chair, or themselves.

Were the chairs designed for a medium to light max body weight and did they end up with a 200kg crusher sitting on them. (We all know what a non-thinking person is capable of)

This forum has a million posts about them.

The day I stop learning will be the day I die. Maybe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-4 09:53:16 |Display all floors
The US CPSC, OSHA, UL agencies test a variety of products annually (unlike China).
They also have posted safety standards for requirements regarding capacity and intended use.
Inferior materials which can buckle easily and having pinch points during folding are the root cause for the recall.

WalMart (and others) purchased the table sets from a Chinese manufacturer, that is the facts.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-4 10:43:59 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-4 11:26:25 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-4 12:38:41 |Display all floors
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.