Views: 8142|Replies: 16

25 Chinese brands among world's 500 best [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-30 14:18:51 |Display all floors
According to information from CNTV, World Brand Laboratory released this year’s 500 most recognizable brands on 17th December, and Google has been named the most recognizable brand around the world.

Apple rises from the fourth place in 2012 to the second; Amazon follows.

One noticeable phenomenon is that technology companies occupy six seats out of the top 10. The other four non-technology companies are Coca-Cola, General Eclectic, McDonald’s and Exxon Mobil.

These 500 companies are from 27 different countries, with United States owning the largest numbers (232 companies out of 500). France comes in second with 47 brands named on the list; and Japan is in the third place.

There are 25 brands on this year’s list from the Chinese mainland. These include CCTV, State Grid Corporation, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, China Mobile, Xinhua News Agency and China Railway Construction Corporation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-30 18:23:04 |Display all floors
It would be interesting to see where they obtained their data from. I would be surprised if most people outside of China had ever heard of those Chinese brands.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-12-30 18:25:18 |Display all floors
Internal only

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-12-30 18:58:03 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-12-30 18:23
It would be interesting to see where they obtained their data from. I would be surprised if most peo ...

I remember a similar thread some time ago.

There are very few Chinese brands that would be recognised anywhere outside China, that is one thing that many Chinese businesses  need to address if they want to become global.   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-2 18:00:52 |Display all floors
Well, I can think of Great Wall motors, and MY FAV, Pearl River Bridge Soy Sauce, Aaawww, it's to die for.

I have another product here I really love, but the maker is a new one to me, INHENG.
I've had it about a year.
It's one of those 2000 volt squash racquets for zapping flies and mozzies and unruly forumites with.
FLASH BANG GONE.

Wonderful.

The day I stop learning will be the day I die. Maybe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-3 12:00:37 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-3 17:25:31 |Display all floors
magnetic1974 Post time: 2014-1-3 12:00
ICBC HSBC, Panda express, Sinopec  and others are known to the International idiot!

Is this the same HSBC?
>HSBC Holdings plc is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London, England, United Kingdom. It is one of the world's largest banks. It was founded in London in 1991 by the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation<

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.