Author: DSseeing

Ten Things Never to Do in China   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-1-1 11:16:12 |Display all floors
Nice post
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-1 13:20:43 |Display all floors
Three biggest things to never do in China would be to never mention: Tienanmen Square, Tibet, Taiwan.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-1 14:09:17 |Display all floors
I see a problem with the first one in some situation.
So what happen when you gave a presentation and your client commented it was a good presentation?
I think that's the main difference with the West in that people in the West are better are selling themselves. I think maybe the Chinese should also learnt to promote themselves a bit more else they will lose out in the end.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2014-1-2 11:10:33 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2013-12-30 14:36
Great thread DSS

Thanks, man. I hope those tips would help
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-2 11:10:56 |Display all floors
fire!! Post time: 2013-12-31 10:29
Such a remarkable thread I'm going to post it on my Qzone and mark original by DSseeing posted on bl ...

Great, My pleasure

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-2 11:11:36 |Display all floors
RHolden0116 Post time: 2014-1-1 13:20
Three biggest things to never do in China would be to never mention: Tienanmen Square, Tibet, Taiwan ...

Not true

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-2 13:17:54 |Display all floors
What a LOAD OF BULL sh-it.

This etiquette only occurs among ACQUAINTANCES or with "recent friends", business associates.
Seldom is such PRACTICED when with CLOSE FRIENDS or SIBLINGS.

ha ha ha

It's JUST a FORM OF PRACTICED "Diplomacy", suitable in company of "sensitive" to strangers or distant friends. And it's NOT JUST China, it's probably GLOBAL.

FACE does not belong solely to Chinese culture.
But commonly, "people" in "new cultures" do ask "What's the CUSTOM of the particular region in China" ----It's not UNIVERSAL practiced in all particular clans in China.

When in doubt, please ASK YOU LOCAL regional Chinese, British, American, German, French guide on some ETIQUETTE POINTERS in the country you visit.

Cheerios!

Green DRagon

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.