Author: DSseeing

Laowai says 'Show Me Your Boobs’   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-30 21:17:42 |Display all floors
Fortunately, ignorance and stupidity are not against the law, as anyone involved in making money from loutish behavior on television and film around the world can attest.
So, some young fool traveling to another country has offended a few thin-skinned people. In China, people in high positions occasionally commit even more comment-worthy blunders and are quickly excoriated, then just as quickly forgotten because some new clodhopper has incensed the public.
Look at it this way. For all of you who feel yourselves superior to the average run of human, these are golden opportunities to reinforce your estimation of self-worth. You can, with each numbskull who publiicly offends sensibilities, loudly proclaim your prestige through venues as this one.
Or, you can go the opposite direction and take the high road, countering each account of a boor making a scene with information about foreigners who come to China and are considerate and involved in local life, making the best of what China has to offer culturally.
People will remember the bad actors precisely because no one mentions the good.
Let's try pointing out decent people, too, shall we?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-30 21:42:21 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-12-29 01:50
My wife told me of this incident.

The "foreign" guy obviously misbehaved.

SO WHAT...you're just as kokoo as he was, and i just cant believe that comin out of your mouth  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-30 21:43:57 |Display all floors
F111 Post time: 2013-12-29 07:43
Something is not right about this. Why did the cameraman not help the reporter?

accordin to media conduct they can ask for help but not really taken the matter on their own hands cos it might lead to bigger legal problem  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-30 22:18:11 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-12-30 09:10
I don't understand a word you say. Parlate Italiano?

now you're tryin to be funny & naive  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-30 22:19:50 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2013-12-30 05:17
Perhaps we need a new thread every time a Chinese person behaves badly overseas.

What a ridiculous  ...

another fool like you with your comment...reverse it if you please  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-30 22:27:03 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-12-30 09:24
Speaking Italian is not necessarily fun - it is hard and serious work for the brain ...

i believe the term, SO WHAT is much harder to say it out loud without realizin what it means  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-30 22:32:38 |Display all floors
So, an Eastern European gets drunk and stupid. Whoop-dee-doo. What should we do about all those Chinese who go to foreign countries and do things like eat like they do at home (slurping their soup, chewing with their mouths open, etc), spit, throw their garbage on the ground, talk loudly and obnoxiously on their phones, deface historical artifacts, climb all over statues when there are signs not to in place, and generally behave the same way they do in China? Should they be shamed and deported, as well? Before you comment ... yes, some Chinese make unsavory and lewd comments to and about foreign women when they are overseas, as well.

I'm not condoning this young man's behaviour for he clearly did not engage his brain before putting his mouth in motion, however, one must realize that Chinese visitors to other countries are not exactly the bastion of Miss. Manners that they think they are.

Last time I checked, saying something stupid while drunk was not a deportable offense ... in any country (except maybe hard-line Muslim countries where Santa Claus, Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck are accused of being responsible for man's immorality).
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.