Author: sansukong

Icebreaker trying to reach trapped ship in Antarctica [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-1-6 05:33:30 |Display all floors

RE: Old Farmer's Almanac: Global Cooling to Continue

We shall keep check and counter each and everyone until the powers-that-be do their job properly.

Why? Is it not a fact that it is summer in the southern hemisphere now? Are you being told by your masters of the contrary?

为什么呢?这难道不是一个事实,这是现在夏天在南半球?
有你却被告知由你的主人的了反之?

Note:  Translation (not absolute)...
FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-6 07:58:24 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2014-1-6 05:33
Why? Is it not a fact that it is summer in the southern hemisphere now? Are you being told by your  ...

Why?

Why you need to spam?

Haven't you already posted same in another place?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-6 08:00:28 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2014-1-6 05:33
Why? Is it not a fact that it is summer in the southern hemisphere now? Are you being told by your  ...

Who told you Antartica got  no ice in summer?

Your kindergarten teacher?     Heartland Institute?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-6 09:21:20 |Display all floors

RE: Icebreaker trying to reach trapped ship in Antarctica

China sets up team to rescue stranded icebreaker
Xinhua | 2014-1-5 9:22:37

By Agencies

China has set up a leading team to rescue its icebreaker Xuelong, or Snow Dragon, which has been trapped by heavy floes since it rescued passengers on a Russian vessel stranded in Antarctica on Thursday.

The State Oceanic Administration (SOA) announced on Saturday the team will map out rescue plans and make "all-out efforts" to coordinate rescue operations, despite there is no immediate danger to personnel aboard Xuelong, which has abundant fuel and food supplies.

The SOA also ordered its marine forecasting department and meteorological center to step up the collection and analysis of meteorological data, so that weather information will be updated and forwarded to Xuelong in a timely manner.

Xueying 12, a helicopter on board Xuelong, on Thursday successfully evacuated all the 52 passengers aboard the Russian vessel MV Akademik Shokalskiy that has been stranded since Christmas Eve to the Australian icebreaker Aurora Australis.

However, after the rescue, Xuelong's own movement was blocked by fields of floating ice.

Currently, Xuelong is located at 66.65 degrees south latitude and 144.42 degrees east longitude. It is surrounded by floes up to four meters thick and is about 21 km away from unfrozen waters, according to the SOA.

Qu Tanzhou, director of the State Oceanic Administration's Chinese Arctic and Antarctic Administration, said the planned expedition by Xuelong is inevitably affected and changes are expected to be made to the vessel's mission after it gets out of trouble.

"If the ship is stranded for a very long time, which is very rare indeed, then we'll have to evacuate the people onboard and leave the vessel there," he said.

US icebreaker Polar Star to help vessels trapped in Antarctica: AMSA

Chinese rescue boat may be caught by heavy Antarctic ice

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-6 10:12:31 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2014-1-6 09:21
China sets up team to rescue stranded icebreaker
Xinhua | 2014-1-5 9:22:37

You haven't answered my queries.........

You haven't told us that Morano and Heartland Institute is your master.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-7 05:20:55 |Display all floors

RE: Icebreaker trying to reach trapped ship in Antarctica

Blame game chills Antarctic rescue efforts

Globaltimes.cn | 2014-1-6 16:57:00
By Globaltimes.cn

Latest News

Source: CCTV

China's trapped icebreaker preparing for breakout amid uncertain conditions

Trapped Chinese research vessel and icebreaker Xuelong warmed up its engine and tried to broaden an "ice-breaking runway" on Monday, preparing for a possible westerly wind favorable for its breaking-out.

China's trapped icebreaker preparing for breakout amid uncertain conditions
US icebreakers concerned insufficient
Xuelong opens 1-km runway, US icebreaker to help 2 stuck ships
Normal life of scientists aboard Xuelong undisturbed

Scientific researches undisturbed on stranded Chinese icebreaker in Antarctic
Xi requests safety of staff aboard stranded icebreaker

Timeline

November 7, 2013
Chinese icebreaker Xuelong, or Snow Dragon, embarks on its 30th Antarctic expedition.

December 2, 2013Xuelong enters ice floes near China’s Antarctic outpost, Zhongshan Station.

December 19, 2013
Xuelong embarks on its first circumpolar voyage since China began missions to Antarctica in 1984, according to People's Daily Online.

December 25, 2013Russian vessel MV Akademik Shokalskiy was stranded in the Antarctic.

December 27, 2013
Xuelong gets within 10 nautical miles (18,520 meters) from the Russian vessel.

December 31, 2013
Unable to advance any further, the Xuelong dispatches a helicopter to help in the rescue.

January 2

The helicopter rescues 52 passengers stranded on the Russian vessel.

January 3

Xuelong is trapped in heavy ice floes.

January 4Xuelong creates a kilometer-long-runway in preparation for breaking through the ice, according to a CRI report.

January 6Xuelong waits for favorable weather conditions to break through the ice.Source: Beijing News

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.