Author: 1584austin

Muslims another step closer to ruling the UK   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-23 20:06:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Pingu66 at 2013-12-23 21:21
manoj10 Post time: 2013-12-23 15:58
Can I ask why this special privilege only to a specific kind of people. By this logic, Jews won't to ...

I remember a time in the UK when businesses closed on a Sunday so people can go to Church. The chase for profit does not mean you can throw away your humanity.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2013-12-23 20:10:44 |Display all floors
Motika Post time: 2013-12-23 19:42
No matter what if you are in a non muslim country adopt or leeve it. Even my modern muslim friends s ...

They would not be a minority in the UK

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-23 20:10:45 |Display all floors
emucentral Post time: 2013-12-23 16:03
I haven't heard of refusing to carry a guide dog (although I wouldn't dismiss such a story) howeve ...

I also heard of a white cab driver refusing to take a customer because he was black. I hope black people didn't generalize all whites because of this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-23 20:25:56 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Pingu66 at 2013-12-23 20:32
seneca Post time: 2013-12-23 20:07
Have you noticed that most posters fail to see why Muslims can get a job in a business run by non- ...

Yes I do see your point but for me this is not a major issue. To be more objective I need to go back to my last point, Working on Christmas and Sundays are not forbidden in Christianity, nobody was making a fuss when my Muslim employers gave me these days off.

For example the former owner of Harrods in London was a Muslim if he would have announced that Sundays and Christmas will be closed. Would you be making such a big uproar about it? I'm guessing not.   

Also I don't get why other posters failing to see it has anything to do with me, unless I'm just a follower. I just pay attention when someone has a good counterargument. This is the point of the game!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-23 20:30:38 |Display all floors
Pingu66 Post time: 2013-12-23 09:01
Marks and Spencer could have refused as this is not covered by law but it decided to offer this ge ...

I get annoyed if I am in line with a cashier who is underage and cannot by law, sell alcohol.  They have to call in another cashier to scan the bottle.  It holds up the line.  I have gotten impatient.  So...I'm not really sure how I would react.

Maybe if you could easily identify them from the start and avoid going into their line to start with (and there are plenty of other options).  I try to stay out of lines if I am purchasing alcohol and the cashier looks young.

I'm an impatient shopper.  I want to get in and out as quickly as possible.  If I were in a hurry - you bet I would be annoyed if i stood through a line only to get rejected.  I would be more than annoyed.

I don't know if that qualifies as 'offended' but, just saying.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-23 20:44:49 |Display all floors
Pingu66 Post time: 2013-12-23 20:10
I also heard of a white cab driver refusing to take a customer because he was black. I hope black  ...

In the UK?

If that happened here, it would be front page news and the driver would never drive a cab again.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-23 20:46:32 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-12-23 18:49
What a ridiculous statement. After queueing for 15 mins only to be refused service and then have t ...

Let me make this simple. A happy workforce is a productive workforce. If the employer chooses to change the job role so that it would suit a group of people, I'm not to sure how this is viewed in other countries but in the UK that's a good thing!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.