Author: RiceRice

[Cross-culture marriage] What should my friend do when a foreigner fell in love with her?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-15 19:36:43 |Display all floors
Your friend doesn't know English, and she even can not express herself to this American guy by English. So, how he could judge your friend is whether smart or not. He might just be attracted by your friend's beauty. For a long-term marriage, not just money and an green-card can keep. Anyway, remind your friend keeping cautious.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-16 23:11:02 |Display all floors
RiceRice Post time: 2013-12-14 22:21
I agree with you, Smaug. I think as a friend I need to tell her the potential problems and danger. ...

She may not listen, if she has feelings for him too, because "love is blind." But at least do your friendly duty. ;)

RiceRice, if you haven't yet, check out my blog. I will soon marry a Chinese woman, and my situation is similar, except that my fiancé is not young and I am not wealthy. :-)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 13:58:48 |Display all floors
Smaug Post time: 2013-12-16 23:11
She may not listen, if she has feelings for him too, because "love is blind." But at least do your ...

haha, Smaug, I read your blog about one month ago and I am really happy for you! BTW, have your fiancee got her K visa?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 22:17:44 |Display all floors
RiceRice Post time: 2013-12-17 13:58
haha, Smaug, I read your blog about one month ago and I am really happy for you! BTW, have your fi ...

Not yet. Her visa interview is Dec. 26th. I hope it will go well and she and her son will be granted their visas.

Wish us luck!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-18 05:24:51 From mobile |Display all floors
cause we have totally different culture, asian's view of love is conservative compare with western country,foreigns are straight forward,and for somehow some of them express their feeling too easily and bold,so tell u friend think before move

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-18 08:54:42 |Display all floors
Smaug Post time: 2013-12-13 22:17
It sounds to me like he is looking for a young and pretty wife to bring back to the USA. It is likel ...

Couldn't agree more with you.
Find an honest guy is much more important than others. And I am puzzled that, this man just have a look at the beautiful girl, then was stuck by her beauty, so this love without any communication is shallow. What was worse, the girl couldn't understand and speak English, how could the man dare to ask her leaving China to an unfamiliar country.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-18 10:01:37 |Display all floors
Smaug Post time: 2013-12-17 22:17
Not yet. Her visa interview is Dec. 26th. I hope it will go well and she and her son will be grant ...

It's pretty close. Make sure she has all the required and supporting documents prepared. Wish you luck and a happy wedding in the US!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.