Author: Truth_update

Anything you Chinese enjoy, I will attack!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-16 18:46:54 |Display all floors
vk3ukf Post time: 2013-12-15 21:17
Interesting, a fellow Chinese person has a different opinion and he is controlled by foreign agents? ...

>Can I ask about feet binding?<
Of course you can, feel free, but perhaps in a new thread?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-12-16 19:11:25 |Display all floors
I deal in antique ivory items but do not condone the killing of an animal to get a profit on a small portion of its body, besides the idea that Rhino horn is a health product is crazy

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-16 19:15:56 |Display all floors
Hi Laowai2, good point, I hope for some insight into that one. I am thinking Laowai Style.

A "culture" that is built on the cruel extermination of other species is a barbaric culture and does not have the right to exist.

Humans tend to be great at being compelled to exterminate not only other species, but themselves as well. (Thinking Tasmania as a sad example)  But I am not going to kill me or anyone else, as there is always hope that the others will wake up.

The day I stop learning will be the day I die. Maybe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-16 19:36:34 |Display all floors
This post was edited by tedbrent at 2013-12-16 19:39

What's your point? Do you really think that Yao is a well-liked figure in China? Personally, I wouldn't even call him a former basketball player; instead he's just a  husky,  fawning publicist and piped piper like Donald Trump.

I remember hearing that he reportedly called on Chinese Basketball Association to censure Chinese basketball clubs trying to bring in high-paying foreign players. Any idea why would he do that? Because he also owns a Chinese basketball club, and the club seems to be wrestling with some fiddly financial issues. In other words, Yao may have realized that it's time for him to cut back on his investment in his own club and use his connections to  badger the big boys of Chinese Basketball Association to alienate foreign players looking for job opportunities in China.

And it's clearly his club, which doesn't have well-paid, high-octane foreign  players like other clubs,  will be the beneficiary of such moves, in light of its recent lousy performance. Who would care what Yao says about Chinese culture. Who would care how he perceives our culture since his daughter is American.  I feel sorry for Tracy Mcgrady. He could have at least won an NBA Championship if he would have been wiser. He would have become a truly great star like Michael Jordon had he chosen not to join The Rockets and play ball with Yao.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-16 19:55:56 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2013-12-8 22:39
Seems you're not if you think he is

Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-16 19:57:33 |Display all floors
vk3ukf Post time: 2013-12-15 21:17
Interesting, a fellow Chinese person has a different opinion and he is controlled by foreign agents? ...

Why not
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-10 19:34:29 |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2013-12-16 19:36
What's your point? Do you really think that Yao is a well-liked figure in China? Personally, I wou ...

The big ape Yao Ming bought himself a Shanghai basketball team he later named "The Shanghai Sharks".
Lord and behold, this punk suddendly came up with the ideas that sharks should be protected, and the 5,000-years old Chinese shark's fin soup is against western culture of decency.

This ill-educated ape should be deported from China, for he shames all Chinese people.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.