Views: 4452|Replies: 1

Have you read the book "The 5 Love Languages"? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-5 22:42:03 |Display all floors
I just started reading a book as mentioned above that a colleague recommended to me many months ago.

It theorizes that there are two reasons marriages fail:

a) They mistake that initial exciting period of "being in love" with true love. The author says that "being in love" only lasts up to 2 years. Then, reality sets in and things don't look so rosy.

b) They don't speak the same love langauge.

The author theorizes that there are 5 basic love languages: ways to show and accept love to our spouse, and that even if we have the best of intentions and we try to show our love in one "language" that if our spouse doesn't "speak that language" then it will be like we are not showing love at all. The solution, he says, is to learn the spouse's love language, and try to express love in that language.

So far, it is a great read, and I believe everything he says is true. (he is a professional marriage counseler, with a PhD. in the subject)

Just for curiosity, I read some of the reviews on amazon.com, and they are consistently very high. Then, I looked over to amazon.cn, and there are only a couple of reviews, with only a two star (out of five possible) rating!  I wonder why this is? Does everyone in China speak the same love language?

I've not gotten far enough in the book to form a complete opinion, but so far, it is pure gold. Anything that can help us understand our spouse (or even boy/girlfriend) is a good thing.

Maybe this has the answer to the frequent forum question: "Why am I still single?"

Here's the book link on amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/Love-Languages-Secret-That-Lasts/dp/0802473156/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1386254473&sr=1-1&keywords=5+love+languages

...and here it is on amazon.cn:
http://www.amazon.cn/The-5-Love-Languages-The-Secret-to-Love-That-Lasts-Chapman-Gary/dp/0802473156/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1386254509&sr=8-2&keywords=5+love+languages

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-5 23:41:05 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 5teacup at 2013-12-5 23:49

Love and relationships was on my mind this morning, because of what I wrote yesterday, about a song by Rise Against called Savior, I inspired it, you can hear that they are singing about a woman, me, the kind of love that I'm meaning is between, the Lord Jesus and I and some people, they say in that song they love me but can't help me, I needed help so badly back about the time that song came out, it goes with Isaiah . Think some people have love and obsession confused . Knowing that I was not a terrorist and because they could not get enough, I am spied on, the obsession started I think there, and bands singing from a distance for years, no human contact, that is obsession isn't it, not love, been thinking which may sound silly but they need a lesson in love, first love does not hurt, Jesus taught me that, He takes up for me in every way and in the most amazing ways, like the drawing from Him, is divine, and I'm sitting next to Him, and I wait for Him to take me Home . Think deep down they know that is not love, I think the song Lights and Sounds by Yellow Card is more accurate, they say in the song sell it all tell how you needed love and no one was there, kind of weird they sold it in the song and are telling everyone for me how they did not help, isn't that something .  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.