Author: SoCalChevy

Traditional Chinese versus Western Medicine   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-6 13:42:20 |Display all floors
cooperation ie better.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-6 15:58:56 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Laowai2? at 2013-12-6 16:06

My wife is a TCM therapist so I need to be careful what I say. If I so much as sneeze I am thrown on the treatment bed and pumelled to within an inch of my life and dosed with some rather obnoxious potions. If they work or not who knows, but I know she is doing her best to keep me fit and well. As with all types of medicine it is virtually impossible to know if they did what they are supposed to do. If you talke some substance (western or Chinese) and you feel well again you assume it worked. But of course if you had taken nothing you miight have recovered anyway. Some herbal medicines are known to have beneficial properties. Others can be dangerous and are banned in some western countries. Acupuncture is also known to have some benefits. However, some treatments such as moxibustion and cupping (especially the punctured cupping) I have my doubts about.

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2013-12-6 19:08:48 |Display all floors
SoCalChevy Post time: 2013-12-6 13:03
I apologize if I was rude.

SoCalChevy,you asked a very good question.  I am also interesting in this topic.

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Post time 2013-12-7 10:13:48 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-12-6 15:58
My wife is a TCM therapist so I need to be careful what I say. If I so much as sneeze I am thrown on ...

When I feel backache after heavy loaded work, if my wife is the good mood, she will treat me with the Chinese cupping,the feeling is quite cozy in the process, though she is a western medicine practitioner.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-7 12:37:15 |Display all floors
Traditional Chinese Medicine needs a more scientific approach. No medicine is an all cure. Be able to combine all knowledge of both eastern and western medicine would be the way to cure sickness.
Major difference between Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine is the former treats an illness or sickness as component of the entire body as a system, while the latter treats it as a single isolated component. For some illness or sickness, one is better than the other. In other words, no single medicine is superior than the other.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-8 11:26:20 |Display all floors
snowipine Post time: 2013-12-7 10:13
When I feel backache after heavy loaded work, if my wife is the good mood, she will treat me with  ...

Do not use cupping often, it is not good for everyone.
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Post time 2013-12-8 11:32:03 |Display all floors
greatlady Post time: 2013-12-8 11:26
Do not use cupping often, it is not good for everyone.

I seldom have the fortune to get the treatment.
Anything is no good to physical health if it is used too much and frequently. Say good food, drinking. etc.

But cupping is quite comfortable in dealing with tiny troubles.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.