Views: 12996|Replies: 35

Traditional Chinese versus Western Medicine   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-5 07:08:11 |Display all floors
I recently read something about Traditional Chinese Medicine, and how it is very different from Western Medicine.
What do you think are the main differences, and which type of medicine do you think is better?
The car is red. I am not.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-6 04:00:30 |Display all floors
You may as well ask what is the difference between chalk and cheese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-6 04:38:14 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-12-5 12:00
You may as well ask what is the difference between chalk and cheese.

That's why I'm asking: because from what I've heard they are extremely different.
And does one tend to be better than the other, or are they both good for different things?

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2013-12-6 05:29:55 |Display all floors
TCM and western medicine has complementary function with each other. One has slow and long effective, and another has quick reaction to the immediate needs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-6 10:15:25 |Display all floors
snowipine Post time: 2013-12-5 13:29
TCM and western medicine has complementary function with each other. One has slow and long effective ...

Do you have any idea why each type is better for each thing?
I am asking since here in the US we generally use Western Medicine to treat even long term things, for example someone with diabetes may take medicine for it in addition to eating more healthy foods.
Should we start using more Chinese Traditional Medicine for such things?

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2013-12-6 11:57:41 |Display all floors
Oh, friend,Snowipine is not a medical experts, but one thing  want to share with you, of course you can have different thought or opinions in my argument.

Do 1.3billion people and thousands of years history can't prove the efficiency of the TCM in helping people making a better life?

Westen medicine our common accepted perception, it is and should be the first choice in deal with the disease.

If the both can be combined together, We can have a happy life, really, believe it or not, it is up to you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-6 13:03:57 |Display all floors
snowipine Post time: 2013-12-5 19:57
Oh, friend,Snowipine is not a medical experts, but one thing  want to share with you, of course you ...

I apologize if I was rude.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.