Author: admin

China refutes Australia's remarks over air zone [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-5 12:55:32 |Display all floors
Hwang, It is just Chinese debating culture to say your opponent is ignorant. In English, it means the speaker has no argument and is reduced to personal insults. This tactic is used in English, but only by very poorly educated people or politicians who have been caught  lying

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-5 13:28:17 |Display all floors
What China wants is to go back to the period of stability or tranquility

Really? You actually believe that? You had stability and tranquility. This is about shaking up the world a bit to keep Chinese eyes pointed outwards

...and to both you and Loon, again, a weak argument is exposed when the issues are not discussed and the opponents focus on another area. You know this from first year university, Hwang. Again, in Chinese debating, this seems to be OK for even strong speakers, but in English it looks like you are on shaky ground.

So, although I have acknowledged the terrible crimes committed against Aboriginal people, that does not seem relevant to this issue in English. Again, I see where you are coming from. In your culture, this reflects that you opponent should have no voice. This is not the case in English. By the way, the same argument was used by Imperial Japan when other countries protested their actions, for the same reason: you are similar cultures. Perhaps they are the most similar to you in many ways

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-14 11:31:44 |Display all floors
ielts2u date. 2013-12-5 12:55
                                Hwang, It is just Chinese debating culture to say your opponent is ignorant. In English, it means th ...
@ielts2u

I guess that describes you very aptly.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-14 11:46:08 |Display all floors
ielts2u date. 2013-12-5 13:28
                                Really? You actually believe that? You had stability and tranquility. This is about shaking up the  ...
@ielts2u

It is a fact that China depended on a long period stability and tranquility to grow its economy to become the second largest in the world. That stability and tranquility was disrupted when Japan nationalized the disputed islands in Sept 2012 which you don't even accept this. That is a called normalcy bias.

I mentioned the horrible treatment of the Australian Aborigines because you said "Loving your country does not mean you need to be blind."

This is not a debating strategy but a boomerang comment to you that if "you are an Australian and if you think what your forefathers did in the past to invade, colonize, hunt and near exterminate the Aborigines is justified then it is you who are blind as a wombat."

In other words, if you are a pot, don't ever call the kettle black. Oops I forgot you have no culture because Australia is a cultural desert, which started off as a penal colony.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-14 17:16:08 |Display all floors
ielts2u Post time: 2013-11-29 11:41
Yes, Hwang. I did not realise that because you buy so much from us that we are now your slaves!
I d ...

The Chinese government can be very arrogant
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-14 18:42:52 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Disclaimer: Thoughtful responses will be enjoyed & in some cases, elicit a
response. All others from trolls,
conspiracy nuts and the willfully ignorant will be ignored. Thank you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-14 18:51:24 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Disclaimer: Thoughtful responses will be enjoyed & in some cases, elicit a
response. All others from trolls,
conspiracy nuts and the willfully ignorant will be ignored. Thank you.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.