Views: 2292|Replies: 6

Spying scandal: Australian flags burnt as protests heat up in Indonesia [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-23 17:10:11 |Display all floors
November 21, 2013, source: TSMH

Protests about Australia's spying on Indonesia moved from the palace to the streets on Thursday with the hardline "Red and White Brigade" rallying outside the Australian embassy in Jakarta and Australian flags being burnt in the capital and the student city Yogyakarta.
Outside the front of the Australian embassy, several hundred protesters gathered in paramilitary uniform, carrying signs including ‘‘Mr Abbott is stupid’’, ‘‘Abbott you hurt my heart’’ and ‘‘Boycott Australian products’’.

They burnt paper replicas of the Australian and American flags, and chanted and sung the Indonesian national anthem.

They protesters called on Indonesia to increase its military budget so it can have better security against phone-tapping.
“We are the people of Indonesia, we have the right to defend our country. The government of Australia should immediately apologise to the people of Indonesia.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-23 17:15:51 |Display all floors
The only survival mode the Indonesians can now deploy is to foster a closer military tie with China.

Already their island territory of East Timor has been taken away from them by the Anglo club of Australia, NZ, USA and the UK.
Next on the list the Indonesian territory to be wrestled away is rumored to be the Indonesian Papua.

You have been warned Jakarta!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-23 18:42:09 |Display all floors
I have never been to Indonesia, and it's just a four hours flight from my location.
Yes, I must make the effort to promote Asia tourism in our region.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-23 18:44:28 |Display all floors
Cheating is in the Anglo genes!

Listening to other people's president's conversation is so unfriendly.

Indonesia should cut all ties with the Australian.
They have insulted their race and religion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-24 11:48:57 |Display all floors
You sound just like a white racist, Winston. I think people treat your comments with the same respect as the racists who say: "Cheating is in the Chinese genes."

And how have we insulted Islam? Use some logic, Winston. It is not a big ask.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-24 16:01:53 |Display all floors
new job for the unemployed KRudd
special envoy to Indonesia, since it was he who instigated the phone bugging.
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-28 06:31:21 |Display all floors
He would love it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.