Author: sansukong

Australia says “No” to UN wish list of billions – will [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-17 11:42:58 |Display all floors
ielts2u Post time: 2013-11-17 13:39
Well, our government is led by a right-wing climate change sceptic. What did you expect?

He's representing a view which is entirely correct from the scientific point of view

(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-17 11:43:24 |Display all floors
The UN is a racket
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-17 11:46:45 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-11-17 09:17
The world need to pay attention to climate change.

And what is the rat message?

Your plea against Global Warming would be more persuasive if you also demanded the developed countries which first used coal and oil for their industrialization to pay up for the damage they had done, distribute this payment to the developing countries, and then, everyone stop producing carbon.  But you conveniently forget to ask the early industrialized countries to pay their share of the carbon cleanup, and then demand those who have polluted the least to date to cut down on their industrialization the most.  What kind of arithmetic is this?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-17 12:12:23 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2013-11-17 11:46
Your plea against Global Warming would be more persuasive if you also demanded the developed count ...

Climate change pledges: rich nations face fury over moves to renege                                                        Typhoon Haiyan raises fear over global warming threat as Philippines leads attack on eve of key talks

•                                                                                                 John Vidal in Warsaw       
  •                         The Observer,                                            Saturday 16 November 2013 20.59 GMT
  •                         Jump to comments (480)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Survivors of Typhoon Haiyan form a queue to receive relief goods at a devasted coastal area in Leyte. Photograph: Dondi Tawatao/Getty Images

Developing nations have launched an impassioned attack on the failure of the world's richest countries to live up to their climate change pledges in the wake of the disaster in the Philippines.
With more than 3,600 people now believed to have been killed by Typhoon Haiyan, moves by several major economies to backtrack on commitments over carbon emissions have put the world's poorest and most wealthy states on a collision course, on the eve of crucial high-level talks at a summit of world powers.
Yeb Sano, the Philippines' lead negotiator at the UN climate change summit being held this weekend in Warsaw, spoke of a major breakdown in relations overshadowing the crucial talks, whiwhich are due to pave the way for a 2015 deal to bring down global emissions.The diplomat, on the sixth day of a hunger strike in solidarity for those affected by Haiyan, including his own family, told the Observer: "We are very concerned. Public announcements from some countries about lowering targets are not conducive to building trust. We must acknowledge the new climate reality and put forward a new system to help us manage the risks and deal with the losses to which we cannot adjust."
Munjurul Hannan Khan, representing the world's 47 least affluent countries, said: "They are behaving irrationally and unacceptably. The way they are talking to the most vulnerable countries is not acceptable. Today the poor are suffering from climate change. But tomorrow the rich countries will be. It starts with us but it goes to them."
Recent decisions by the governments of Australia, Japan and Canada to downgrade their efforts over climate change have caused panic among those states most affected by global warming, who fear others will follow as they rearrange their priorities during the downturn.

===============

this is what it is all about.

so I ask you..............is that rat a jungle rat or a rat from the rich countries?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-17 12:15:37 |Display all floors

Climate change pledges: rich nations face fury over moves to renege
Typhoon Haiyan raises fear over global warming threat as Philippines leads attack on eve of key talks

Recent decisions by the governments of Australia, Japan and Canada to downgrade their efforts over climate change have caused panic among those states most affected by global warming, who fear others will follow as they rearrange their priorities during the downturn.

In the last few days, Japan has announced it will backtrack on its pledge to reduce its emission cuts from 25% to 3.8% by 2020 on the basis that it had to close its nuclear reactors after the 2011 earthquake and tsunami.

Australia, which is not sending a minister to this weekend's talks, signalled it may weaken its targets and is repealing domestic carbon laws following the election of a conservative government.

Canada has pulled out of the Kyoto accord, which committed major industrial economies to reducing their annual CO2 emissions to below 1990 levels.

China's lead negotiator at the Warsaw talks, Su Wei, said: "I do not have any words to describe my dismay at Japan's decision." He criticised Europe for showing a lack of ambition to cut emissions further, adding: "They talk about ratcheting up ambition, but rather they would have to ratchet up to ambition from zero ambition."

=================================

so I asked a very logical question...........

is sansukong rat a jungle rat or a rat from rich nations?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-17 12:17:25 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-17 12:18:44 |Display all floors
excellent representation of the issues.

http://www.theguardian.com/envir ... ledges-rich-nations

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.