Author: KIyer

Child sexual abuse and how it was handled in Australia [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-17 14:55:16 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2013-11-17 16:49
well, you might find things offensive, but how do you know MOST Australians find it offensive? May ...

We voted out the most rabidly anti-Australian government in existence. That government had full "air support" from The Age, the Sydney Morning Herald, The ABC and SBS. They lost. That government would have lost even more if they had the courage to allow Gillard to stay. We hated her so much that the "invisible hand" chose to remove her and put crybaby Rudd in charge. We hated him too.

Soon, news media will lose out to freedom of the internet and all the Jewish intrigues will be laid bare.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-17 14:58:17 |Display all floors
Really, Lebeast? You believe that? The 'invisible hand'. Give me a break. You are reading way too much into a lust for power.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-11-17 14:58:23 |Display all floors
ielts2u Post time: 2013-11-17 16:52
Kyler, I think we have some experience of what you are talking about. In 2009, a series of robberies ...

The Indian media is learning slowly, but surely from the western media on sensationalisation. It still has a long way to go, to learn to be smarter.  how are crimes against vulnerable humans (women or children), not because they are from a different nation, race or culture but local, same nationality, reported? Most of the kids raped and abused by priests were Australians, most of the women raped in any country are locals. How is one to report and react to the news of these? With or without smearing or attempting to smear a nation and its culture? - i leave it to the readers, each to personally judge for themselves.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-11-17 15:00:59 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2013-11-17 17:03

One can look at the coverage given to the same issue on the 'Herald Sun' newspaper online in Australia - belonging to the largest media group in Australia. One can see the difference for themselves. Is it better or worse than 'The Age'? I will leave it to the reader to judge for themselves.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-17 15:03:55 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2013-11-17 16:49
well, you might find things offensive, but how do you know MOST Australians find it offensive? May ...

It is a commercial enterprise and lost a lot of business through support of alien subversive ideology. They would do it to you in a heart beat if they thought it would give them an audience, power and money.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-17 15:04:28 |Display all floors
It is not smearing. Some Indians seem to have the sense that all Indian men are being portrayed as rapists. That is more about their embarrassment over this case and the hype surrounding it from the protests, both local. It was the girl that was hurt, not them!

I teach Indian students now. The other nationalities in their class and Australians outside the class are not treating them differently to any other guys. There will be some short-term effects somewhere (I guess), but if the Indian government and police take this as a chance to make some significant changes, India's reputation will be enhanced.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-17 15:06:05 |Display all floors
...and the Indian media learning about sensationalism? This is an ancient culture, and sensational journalism was only constrained by strict (draconian?) laws in some areas.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.