Views: 11691|Replies: 48

Why China should donate more money to Philippines?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-14 17:38:00 |Display all floors

US has promised $20 million in aid for victims of Supertyphoon Haiyan in the Philippines.  Britain is also sending a warship and has pledged $16 million. The Vatican is dispatching $4 million, Japan $10 million and New Zealand $1.7 million. But China, the world’s most populous nation and second largest economy, is handing over $100.000.

The foreign media said that the Chinese aid is little, and this will be harm to China'd reputation. But I want to ask why should we give so much money to Philippines?

This country has hurt the relationship for many times! We give them money, and let them to hurt us again? I think the help should based on the relationship. We can't always help an "unfriendly" country.

This is only my opinion!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-14 17:43:57 |Display all floors
This post was edited by bravos at 2013-11-14 17:55

One of my male collegues promises to donate 2 billion, but it would take ten times. Despite my repeated pleading, he relentlessly refuses to devulge what currency he refers to.

It looks like an enigma to me. He can't be that rich and I don't think there's any kind of currency that is so cheap. Rubles? No. I don't think so. Or a sort of African currency?

I know, not one time did we donate money to the Filipinos, but they have failed us.

I won't donate any money even in the cheapest African pennies!
Bravos

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-14 19:27:13 |Display all floors
This post was edited by bravos at 2013-11-14 20:24

In my opinion, we can ply them  with adequte tents, carpets, drinking water and other daily necessities, but we'll never give them one penny, in case they might buy guns to kill our people.
Bravos

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-14 19:47:28 |Display all floors
Britain is also sending a warship

hmmm,
going to fight there
me figured they'd send a hospital ship, or a cook and plenty food, how about a ship load of water
It takes about 40 muscles to smile, but only 4 to pull the trigger of a decent rifle

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-14 20:15:41 |Display all floors
China also have many victims of Supertyphoon Haiyan. China donated 100000 dollars to Philippines, and I wonder how much Philippines donated to China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-14 20:19:21 |Display all floors
frankpo1230 Post time: 2013-11-14 21:15
China also have many victims of Supertyphoon Haiyan. China donated 100000 dollars to Philippines, an ...

a bucket full of hate
It takes about 40 muscles to smile, but only 4 to pull the trigger of a decent rifle

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-14 20:25:27 |Display all floors
According to our news, our supplies worth of 10 million dollars are on the way.

Sigh.
Bravos

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.