Author: Pond

Indian Offical tells media, Rape should be accepted   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-11-15 04:51:42 |Display all floors
This is episode shows the readiness to take anything to do with 'rape', distorting it somehow and associating with India to create an image of a rape culture. This is how propaganda works.
It's as follows.
Lets assume someone makes a statement "I did not steal it".
Then someone says, "He said actually admitted and said the following words - "I did" and "steal it" in his statement. He has admitted that "I did steal it" !!! He is guilty.
And all those feel like it will act like they do not fully understand, but that it is or might be a confession.
This is called word splicing, taking words out of context and putting them together and making up something. The hope and fact is often that MOST readers or listeners are not that savvy and will fall for it.
If you observe, you will find such statements used a lot in propaganda. Watch out for them.
It only works on you if you are not watchful or if you are ignorant.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-15 07:36:07 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2013-11-15 04:01
did you read the statement and understand it properly? Have you heard of a famous English saying " ...

Your defense for Sinha is outrageous. You have totally lost my respect as a human being.

First, that is not a famous English saying but the remark from an unsuccessful American businessman, who has contributed nothing to the world. Yet, you claim it is famous. Did you want to follow Hilter's Nazi remarks as well? At least Hitler was way notorious than Clayton Willians. Do you know what the difference between famous and notorious?

Would you like your own female member be raped? And ask them to enjoy it? Do you seriouly understand what rape it is? Or you would possibly enjoy being raped?

Second, I have watched the vedio clip about Sinha. Don't try to argue that you are more edcated more literate, and the other people are too stupid to comprehend that.

It is really appalling that a senior Indian official would make such a disgusting remark that like? And you want to defend for him. He has apologized to Indian women. If he is right, why need he want to apologize? I think you should say sorry too.

No wonder that India has such high rape crimes because India has the dross officials to mistreat women, and not seriously want to protect women's rights. I wonder how many men in India would have the same mindset like you.

That's why there's not any men would like to give the raped suffering woman a hand when the woman was being rape in a bus. They think the woman should enjoy being rape. It sounds like it is a barbarian world. Pity
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-15 07:45:51 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2013-11-15 04:51
This is episode shows the readiness to take anything to do with 'rape', distorting it somehow and as ...

Stop your nonsense here.

Sinha has apologized. When will you?

If he doesn't think he is wrong, why did he apologize
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-15 07:49:02 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2013-11-15 07:45
Stop your nonsense here.

I really liked India, which had the advanced ancient civilization in the world as China had.

Now it becomes a barbarian state.

Rapists dare to assault women in a much crowded bus, and not a man/person would like to give a hand and stop the crime? It sent chill down my spine.

I bet I would stop it if I were in the bus.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-11-15 08:14:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2013-11-15 10:27
incarnationabc Post time: 2013-11-15 09:45
Stop your nonsense here.

Neither I nor Sinha has to apologise for anything other than being of the same species as the people who cannot make an effort to read and understand a sentence or two before attempting to judge it. Sinha is under political pressure from fools and perhaps expressed regrets at his choice of analogy. I dont yield to pressure from any person who cannot think for themselves or understand fairly simple English..
You might want to look at yourself to see if you have done or said anything unfair against anyone nationality or people. While no one will be waiting with bated breath to hear an apology, it is NOT they who will look better with your expression of regret or remorse - you will!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-15 08:27:33 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2013-11-15 04:28
EVEN if an official actually makes a statement that rape should be accepted as a comment on that iss ...

I think you are the only one on the thread who is taking this as an attack against india.

Rape is a hot topic in India right now.  Its a matter of national debate and as we see here, international debate.  Talking about it doesn't equal slandering another country.  Its a legitimate topic and as pointed out....people in INDIA have been upset about this politicians words.

During the last US election, there were a couple of crazy politicians who received a lot of heat.  I remember one saying that 'abortion should only be legal in cases of legitimate rape'.  As if there is 'illegitimate' rape.  Another one said that a woman's body can reject pregnancy from a 'real' rape.

If those statements were brought up in this forum, no way could I NOT also stand up in outrage over the stupidity and ignorance of these politicians.

Wrong is wrong.  Doesn't matter who the players are.  There is too much nationalism in this forum.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-15 08:28:59 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2013-11-15 08:14
Neither I nor Sinha has to apologise for anything other than being of the same species as the peopl ...
  1. Ranjit Sinha, India's top police officer forced to apologise over 'rape .
Copy code
This is the news title from the Dail Mail - An English media outlet

Don't try to denigrate the comprehesion of other people's English.

Don't try to digress from the topic and launch personal attack against me.

You completely lose your orientation. On one hand you request me not to talk about India with you, you are not India, but in other thread you do admit that India is your own country so you want to criticise.  You sound like a hypocrite.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.