Author: Learner2

Shame on ABC [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-10 09:49:51 |Display all floors
While I can assure you that the comments made on the show were highly offensive, I never even heard about this in the US media. I don't watch Jimmy Kimmel Live, nor do I agree with most of his humor. I live in an area with a relatively high Asian percentage. No such boycott or protest was initiated here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-10 12:46:44 |Display all floors
I wonder why Chinese go to the USA and live and work and to get a education ; when deep down must Americas conjure a dislike for Chinese people .  
Playing Mahjong in Hangzhou world competition.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-10 13:23:57 |Display all floors
JthZsdad2x Post time: 2013-11-10 09:49
While I can assure you that the comments made on the show were highly offensive, I never even heard  ...

the US media downplayed this event as if nothing happened.  Contrast this with Paula Deen's offensive n-word comments about blacks which she  made years ago that recently got high profile media attention and condemnation.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-10 14:14:20 |Display all floors
EQUALITY IN THE WESTERN MEDIA IS A PRIVILEGE, NOT A RIGHT . . .

In the Western media, equality is a privilege, not a right.  As to the rules to be granted this privilege, it is a Catch-22.  To be granted equality, China must accept unequal treatment.

Go figure that out.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-10 15:34:32 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-10 18:10:02 |Display all floors
Oh dear

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.