Author: allnightlong

Poverty in Malaysia [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-8 07:12:09 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2013-11-8 07:09
Nonsense, we have a lot of shabby places too in China.

Really, no Malays and no Chinese live like that

But there are now plenty of Bangladesh sias in Malaysia

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-8 07:18:16 |Display all floors
Banglasia is replacing Indonesian workers.

Too bad climate change is making Bangla desh worse every year.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-8 07:19:19 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2013-11-8 07:09
Nonsense, we have a lot of shabby places too in China.

Yes, fit for immigrants from rural China.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-11-8 07:28:55 |Display all floors
Pond Post time: 2013-11-8 08:46
I am talking governments who deliberate keep their population in poverty, because knowledge is pow ...

have you had any success prosecuting governments who keep their population in poverty? anywhere in the world? Which governments around the world would you prosecute?
Have you clearly thought it through before saying that poverty should be a crime?
Seems like you are somehow desperately trying to retro-fit new claims to justify your first statement. I think you are starting to slide on a slippery slope here... You might find yourself having to prosecute some very friendly governments, if not your own...
And  btw, who do you think should be the judge or judges in such criminal prosecution?
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-8 07:29:07 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2013-11-8 09:30
Pond Post time: 2013-11-8 08:46
I am talking governments who deliberate keep their population in poverty, because knowledge is pow ...

oops, sorry for the duplicate.. the site/webpage is a bit dodgy...
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-8 18:36:16 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2013-11-8 20:05
Most former colonies of the evil European empires are still left in dire stricken poverty, no than ...

I am not sure 'Allnightlong' is Anglo or that she intended any offense when she made that post. It is a common one, looking at the living conditions. But yes, if one looked deep at the causes that led to it, sometimes it can be surprising, revealing a long history of human misery and what comes to mind is deep sadness and compassion. You bring out the deep, real wounds from a long past and even the present in many cases.
You are right KBay, in that many who bash other countries for poverty (not implying or assuming anything against Allnightlong) from a 'superior' attitude do not realise how the policies of their own countries contribute to the continuing poverty around the world. Nothing is more cruel and insulting than patronising and faked concern over poverty in a different land (while ignoring similar things in one's own backyard) and that too for some political, economic advantage or a need to feed their own ego. It is hard for people to leave others alone happily, to struggle for themselves, to work hard and prosper to the point where they might be as prosperous as themselves, or maybe more..
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2013-11-8 20:01:00 |Display all floors
Hi French boy

I have been to Malaysia and yes a lot of it is like this, dreadful conditions

DID YOU KNOW> Hong Kong was like this until the UNITED KINGDOM stepped in and brought the standards to a much higher level?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.