Author: allnightlong

Poverty in Malaysia [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-8 06:29:10 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2013-11-8 04:14
it is no crime to live in poverty... they are doing their best to survive in their own way. But for  ...

It's not fate for people to live there. It is people who succumb to thei lives to live there.
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-8 06:32:47 |Display all floors
I am sure poverty is in developed countries too, and France is not an exception.

Bidonvilles (“can towns”) are shanty towns that exist in the urban outskirts of France and often have little access to roads or public services (such as electricity or access to water).
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-8 06:36:16 |Display all floors
There are two million people who live on less than 645 euros per month, 3.6 million are poorly housed and 3.5 million are recipients of food aid. Poverty persists in France.

Two million people now live in France with more than 645 euros per month for a single person, 690,000 have no personal home, 3.5 million use food aid ...

The poverty threshold most often used - equivalent to 60% of the median standard of living (half earns more, the others earn less) - gives a broad view of the phenomenon. We count on this basis 8.6 million poor people in France in 2010, which includes the poor and low-income families. This definition hides a persistent deep poverty. In one of the richest countries in the world, tens of thousands of people live in poverty, in conditions comparable to developing countries.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-8 06:46:02 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2013-11-8 06:05
who would you prosecute as a criminal for poverty - the poor? or someone else?

I am talking governments who deliberate keep their population in poverty, because knowledge is power. The disenfranchised are easer to control when they have no rights or the ability to access quality education

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-8 06:47:44 |Display all floors
GDP of Malaysia is No. 35 in the world. It is ahead of Finland, Ireland, New Zealand.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-8 07:02:32 |Display all floors
Welcome to Banglasia where you country man lives, kyler.

But no Chinese or Malay live like that.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-8 07:09:35 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-11-8 07:02
Welcome to Banglasia where you country man lives, kyler.

Nonsense, we have a lot of shabby places too in China.

You are a shame. You must live in a slum.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.