Views: 1244|Replies: 10

English literacy rising as gateway to good jobs in global economy [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-7 07:37:37 |Display all floors
English literacy in the Chinese mainland is expanding as people view mastery of the language as an invaluable bargaining tool for jobs. But the country still ranks low globally, a recent report shows.
The mainland climbed two notches from 36th place last year to 34th on an annual list showing the English proficiency of adults in 60 countries and territories. The report was released on Wednesday b ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-7 07:37:38 |Display all floors
Though it is important, don't forget your mother-tongue language, Mandarin!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-7 07:58:50 |Display all floors
Many desperately wanted to be Lowai; they totally forget their mother-tongue language...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-7 08:02:20 |Display all floors
Many with their the Western names; their nose would be longer a few inches... Every they go; they publicize their Western loud and wide... That's cheating as they are hiding their true identities!!!!

Don't forget, every object has a true identity!!!!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-7 11:32:41 |Display all floors
WOW~I have to learn English again.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-7 12:57:43 |Display all floors
it is a long way to go for our chinese citizen to master the skills of english. but i am expecting the day will come finally

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-7 13:30:00 |Display all floors
i think this report has become a bit later. for the time being, u wil be shame to say that i can speak chinese and english, cause english has become a must. so it's normal to say that u can speak at least two foreign language.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.