Author: ttt222

Is it suitable for kids to study financial courses?   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-11-3 07:37:01 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2013-11-3 22:58

the math of finance need not be complex, it is values and smartness to recognise that are needed - knowing the difference between needs and wants, the tyranny of compound interest and awareness of the pitfalls of advertising... it can be fun to teach and learn and the earlier, the better for the next generation!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-3 20:56:18 |Display all floors
Money is the root of all evil.
Er, wait. No, it's Man is the root of all evil.
Hmm, maybe it should be Greed is the root of all evil.
Or perhaps, the greed of man to make as much money as possible is the root of all evil?

Seriously, a child also need to know how to be responsible with money. Understand what is budget. Learning to live within your means.

However if the course is all about making money, then the child will grow to think making money is the main aim in life; at the expense of everything else. Young mind is easy to brain washed.

Parents, be careful what you wish for. One thing the child will learn is parents, when old, are a liability. In finance, you learn to maximise assets and minimise liability.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-3 21:56:27 |Display all floors
PhoebeChao Post time: 2013-11-2 21:03
i remember playing monopoly doesnt cost my parents rmb30k a year

Playing monopoly is a good way to learn how money works. Wealth is relative. 30K to a rich person is a probably a fortune for you but pocket money to them. "Giving" kids pocket money is no way to learn the value of money. They should do chores to earn the money so they realise it doesn't grow on trees.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-3 22:12:50 |Display all floors
Parents behaviours seems influence their next generation, usually the kids copy parents economy practice. My meaning, if mum or dad have proper financial skills therefore their kids will possess excellent money know-hows. But mandatory financial education, they can't understand confused figure game as it is more boring to adults.
   Anyway parents should remind child how to be thrifty or how to be successful economist. like such thing, it is more important and children prefer to accept that.
life is colorful with you.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-11-4 15:00:33 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-11-3 21:58
Do you understand the word "finances"??? I don't think you do. It is not about how to make money.  ...

Financing is a kind of tool operating money, right?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-4 15:01:07 |Display all floors
tonysong2000 Post time: 2013-11-3 22:12
Parents behaviours seems influence their next generation, usually the kids copy parents economy prac ...

I agree with you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-4 15:01:52 |Display all floors
juzunme Post time: 2013-11-3 20:56
Money is the root of all evil.
Er, wait. No, it's Man is the root of all evil.
Hmm, maybe it should  ...

Every coin has two sides, money also does. Right?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.