Author: DSseeing

Should a teacher push students to write self-criticism letters?   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-11-2 10:38:39 |Display all floors
When I was in second grade I had to take a note home to my parents whether I did anything wrong
or not. I lived through it without jumping from the top of the school. People commit suicide for all
sort of reasons. Trying to pin this suicide on a strict teacher is carrying things a bit far.
One of the most famous self-improvement gurus of 20th century America, Art Linkletter, had a
daughter who committed suicide. Should we condemn all western self help gurus?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-2 11:07:54 |Display all floors
Diane Linkletter jumped out of a window of her sixth floor apartment at the Shoreham Towers in West Hollywood, California as she though she could fly while on a LSD.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-2 16:05:31 |Display all floors
China the land of the spoilt child. A sad story, with many questions left unanswered

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-2 20:17:20 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2013-11-2 05:35
Self-criticism is also called reflection - children are taught very young in western countries to g ...

Well written - I agree with this post. We can also call it self assessment and a way to build character and improve our life. Don't become weak by crying like babies. China needs strength of character not to be guided by 'outside influences' that strive to cause division and weakness.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-3 00:48:20 |Display all floors
In some remote areas, we can see some teachers who teach students with some extreme methods. such as physical punishment, harsh words. For that tragic case, the teacher can hardly get rid off his responsilibity for what he had said before the kid has commited suicide. There is some vague memory in my mind that when our teacher was exceptionally furious toward the student`s provocking bahavior, my teacher would always criticize the student with a strict manner even use some radical words. But for us, we did not take it in our heart. But for the kid, who commited suicide on account of his teacher`s extreme words, which should make every of us to rethink profoundly. How to cultivate our next generation.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-11-3 02:17:45 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2013-11-2 05:35
Self-criticism is also called reflection - children are taught very young in western countries to g ...

why not the parents but the teacher should write a self-criticism? China already had too many such sad stories. In the end, teachers became a victim. It is sad for the whole nation. Why our kids are so weak and so easy to commit a suicide?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-11-3 02:21:53 |Display all floors
DMZappa Post time: 2013-11-1 19:07
Diane Linkletter jumped out of a window of her sixth floor apartment at the Shoreham Towers in West ...

And you believe this.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.