Author: Smaug

Can anyone help my girlfriend's sister get a fair price for her land in Hubei? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-10-31 16:14:50 |Display all floors
if you are not so well-connected in China, you have to accept the tough truth.

if you are powerful enough or have personal charisma, you can unite your villagers to negotiate with the developer or the local government, though you have a leverage when negotiating, better results can also hardly be made.

i do not agree with the idea of being a nail house holder or an anti-mover, because this can barely help you.
now many people have a resentment feeling about this kind of people whose house are reclaimed by the government, because evenif the compensation fee may not meet the owner's anticipation, it is already a large sum of money.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-31 20:39:55 |Display all floors
Thanks for all the thoughtful replies folks. Please keep them coming.

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2013-10-31 22:47:05 |Display all floors
if somebody tell you------” yeah,friend,let me help you deal with the business, I can...", then he is a superman。

Take a try to change something is good as your girlfriend said,preparing accept the govement arrangement is also good as your girlfriend prediction.

YOU should hear the highest instruction or advice in major issures related to family affairs,if  she knows you are consulting with others for the advices,”sweet fruits “will reward to you sooner or later,let‘s wait and see.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-1 03:37:52 |Display all floors
snowipine Post time: 2013-10-31 22:47
if somebody tell you------” yeah,friend,let me help you deal with the business, I can...", then h ...
if  she knows you are consulting with others for the advices,”sweet fruits “will reward to you sooner or later,let‘s wait and see.

You know, when we talked about this and I said I'd ask my Chinese friends what they thought, she said: "No, don't do that!"

I was surprised. I told her it would be anonymous (mostly) and no one will suffer for my asking.

She told me it wouldn't help, as a person just needs to know the right "someone." I insisted that it would not hurt to ask. Even if we could not get the best result (higher price) then we might get some small tip that will help in some other way. (already, we have gotten that, thanks!)

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2013-11-1 23:19:46 |Display all floors
Smaug Post time: 2013-11-1 03:37
You know, when we talked about this and I said I'd ask my Chinese friends what they thought, she ...

OK,that is a great thing you have done,but please tell me,one of your friends, your secret about the stories,of cause in PM.           hehe!

Congratulation !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-27 04:24:10 |Display all floors
That's what I'm worried about. The goverment will buy my family land, 80,000+ ㎡, under which natural gas , oil and coal are found, but we can't develop ourselves. Goverment will buy it sooner or later.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-27 12:19:32 |Display all floors
Well, it's done now. Her sister decided to accept the government's offer.

They will give her two, 2-bedroom condos in the new building when the government finishes building them. For the land, they have some kind of deal in which the factories that are building on that land have to share their profit with the former land-owners. Seems like the former land-owners will get screwed out of that profit to me, as it is basically relying on the honor system from the government.

seneca: That was the first thing I told her. I told her to have her sister hire a lawyer who is versed in these matters. She said that will not help, and that in order to fix something like this in China, one needs to KNOW someone in the right place. She said I'm naive about Chinese culture if I think a lawyer could help.

Oh well, I tried.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.