Author: Lillian92

English Fever in China   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-10-25 22:01:05 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2013-10-25 02:02
English fever? Take an English pill!  and the fever will subside.

A very poor joke. Try some funny pills.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-10-26 05:47:01 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2013-10-26 00:01
A very poor joke. Try some funny pills.

I can't afford to buy expensive jokes... You fancy yourself qualified to judge jokes? - have a certificate?
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-26 07:29:42 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2013-10-25 19:07
Chairman Mao, General Deng and President Hu spoked hardly one ABC in their life.

Maybe due to stupidity?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-27 09:46:53 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2013-10-26 20:12
My next objective in CD is to outlaw the spreading of homosexuality by the Chinese media.

And a 100 ...

I thought u were......
Thus have I heard.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-27 09:52:51 |Display all floors
Hehe...
Although it looks crazy(we werent that crazy...), but when it comes to applying for a good job, English is very important...
Whats more...  for those who are going to study further abroad, English is definately essential.
Things happen for reasons...
Im sure everythings gonna be fine... just dont rush
Thus have I heard.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-28 02:42:14 |Display all floors
As a teacher of English and an "education expert" in China, I have found that it is the method of teaching a foreign language here that may be the cause of discontent with the results. In business and tourism a language is mostly spoken by people, yet the method of learning English here concentrates on reading, writing and grammar. The useful spoken language has little part to play in the testing regime. This is the opposite to the way a language is taught in Western countries. There, the enjoyment and the use of spoken English comes first.
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-10-28 04:06:00 |Display all floors
TedM Post time: 2013-10-28 04:42
As a teacher of English and an "education expert" in China, I have found that it is the method of te ...

good point! I find that when the learning of a language is motivated purely by a desire to learn the language and it starts from a spoken method, it works well. When the motivation to learn the language is something else or it is driven, forced or pushed, it starts to cause stress, anxiety, competitiveness and takes something away from the ease and enjoyment of learning.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.