Author: Lillian92

English Fever in China   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-24 20:19:21 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-11-24 16:24
snowipine Post time: 2013-11-8 15:48
You are  right,in the process of learning a second language, we have to rely on our own life exp ...

and might I ask the logic in Chinese people going overboard learning English? If you are a Chinese engaged in business in China and presumably meet Chinese clients as a consequence of being in China, why is a person like that learning English? And how might they profit from such studies apart from adding an english Proficiency Certificate to the hode podge of other qualifications.

I am of the view that this is another expression of herd mentality............and of course leading folks by their noses. I am shocked the standing committee hasn't had a word on that
I think there is a job waiting for me in China as a 'truth speaker' and shatterer of silly aspirations..having learnt English, such person will find that the job will go to an applicant that went to a private school in Malta.

...fools errand.
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2013-11-24 20:23:59 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-11-24 20:19
and might I ask the logic in Chinese people going overboard learning English? If you are a Chinese  ...

Sooner or later, my personal opinion, English can be just one of the foreign languages for people to choice freely.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-24 20:28:55 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-11-24 16:32
snowipine Post time: 2013-11-24 16:23
Sooner or later, my personal opinion, English can be just one of the foreign languages for people  ...

and your personal opinion is as valid as any. Were I Chinese, living in China, I will not care a jot about English. I will be busily making money talking to my kinfolks in Chinese. When I travel abroad, the bulging yuan in my bag will ensure that folks understand me perfectly......or find me someone that does. It is my money and the onus is on you to understand me or am off to the next shop!

The moneyman plays the piper
Re English becoming  a choice for folks to choose freely..it is but folks are bankrupting themselves learning it. I am sure your dream won't come to pass anytime soon. But that is the reason we dream.......it is a state of hope. Cruel people might call it wishful thinking
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2013-11-24 20:43:07 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-11-24 20:28
and your personal opinion is as valid as any. Were I Chinese, living in China, I will not care a jo ...

You are right that if Jack can give people good alternative choice then people will learn from him.

Presume you think I am a boring person you will never interaction with me if you can.

If I have enough gold coins, I think I also want have my leisure time to anywhere I have dreamed.

But, If we study one foreign language we can pick up the mother language once again. And we can also find out, Oh,so much mother language knowledge we are not so familiar with.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-24 22:07:53 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-11-24 18:08
snowipine Post time: 2013-11-24 16:43
You are right that if Jack can give people good alternative choice then people will learn from him ...

I once heard a Japanese girl complain that she is forgetting her Japanese, I was irritated straightaway! I suspect she was not good in her mother tongue to begin with.

As I said, there is much to be gain looking inward and availing oneself to the opportunities therein than be chasing fools gold. There are lots of gold coins to be had in China......then you can move to Finland.

Start a ponzi scam Gold coins will surely follow

I think you are boring? I am careful to not judge folks I have never met! In fact I have no views whatsoever but okay, it will be rude to not add that I think you are extremely interesting!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.