Views: 11255|Replies: 29

Is it right for a father to shower for his daughter?   [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-10-23 15:49:46 |Display all floors
I can't believe this tragedy happened. qiaobao.com reports that a Chinese-American father in USA raised his daughter by himself. He tried his best to be a good father. He helped her daughter to shower since she was born, he did the same though she reached 10.

But one day, when a teacher asked his daughter "Who helps you to shower at home?", she replied her father did. The school reported to the police. Then the local Child Welfare Bureau intervened, and after trials, the court ruled that the daughter must be sent to a foster family. Her father unexpectedly opposed the verdict. He fought to death to be with his daughter.

When the police and Bureau staff came to pick her up, the father took a knife from the kichen, waved it at the door and stopped them coming in. The police shot him dead at scene.  
http://ch.usqiaobao.com/NewYork/20131021/91129.html

Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-23 15:56:21 |Display all floors
cultural differences!
it's a sad ending,but I hate the law of the USA

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-23 17:03:20 |Display all floors
Sorry to hear that.
But the dad should adapt to local environment and study local law

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-23 19:49:51 |Display all floors
The father shouldnt shower the daughter when shes 10 -- old enough to shower by herself, but he didnt need to be killed for the fault..!!!
Thus have I heard.

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2013-10-23 22:21:59 |Display all floors
The father in the news maybe had his own untold difficulty in transfer the embarrassing tasks to a proper third party.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-23 23:23:32 |Display all floors
is it real? i can not open the link!

i only learn from a friend living in the US that the American parents can not beat their children at their will, or they will face a lawsuit.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-24 04:28:58 |Display all floors
Very unusual, still sad
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.