Author: Learner2

From expats' view, what's wrong with Chinese English learning? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-10-29 13:43:13 |Display all floors
............ and how many "bad" students have been turned around by a good teacher?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-10-29 14:22:40 |Display all floors
ExileMick Post time: 2013-10-29 15:43
............ and how many "bad" students have been turned around by a good teacher?

yes, a good teacher can turn around many bad students, but not if the student is bad enough,
And yes, a good student can learn from a bad teacher, but not if the teacher is bad enough!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-10-29 14:28:46 |Display all floors
ExileMick Post time: 2013-10-29 14:44
I looked for humour in your comment as, initially, I couldn't believe that you were serious. Howev ...

after reading your post, i still disagree, there can be good and bad students and teachers, but if there is no drive within the student (it does not have to be the teacher who has the responsibility to put it in there) there cannot be good learning. I know my memories better than anyone else...  I was not always a good student, I admit that. There were others who did far better than I, with the same teachers, they were better students.
May be you are too constrained by your personal experience. You could consider that other students might be different from you. Teachers can light the spark only if there is fuel in the student and they are ready to be lit.
May be we will simply disagree on this issue.
Cheers!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.