Author: Rearwindow

Why foreign press always targets on China's pollution?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-10-24 08:39:02 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2013-10-24 08:33
mate, you should hear our latest Australian prime minister or his environment minister about what th ...

No, I'm neither a qualified doctor or environmental scientist.
I'm not sure what to make of Mr Abbott yet but if he believes as you wrote, he'd definitely need a lobotomy!
The evidence is there for all to see. Scientists in gov't think tanks aren't "yes men"? I dunno about Aussie but here in NZ, they were until they got busted and fired.

Seriously, you're saying that you cannot see the detrimental effects of ongoing massive pollution?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-10-24 08:43:10 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2013-10-24 10:43
exportedkiwi Post time: 2013-10-24 10:39
No, I'm neither a qualified doctor or environmental scientist.
I'm not sure what to make of Mr Ab ...

Of course I can see the effect of pollution and the devastation it causes - i have seen it in my lifetime, growing up, but that is not the ONLY issue here. There is an issue of FAIRNESS, do you see it or not? These two issues are inextricably linked and one cannot solve one without the other. Now, if the advanced countries want, why not reduce their per-capita emissions to the levels of less advanced countries? and quickly too! since the planet is choking as we can all see..
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-24 08:55:11 |Display all floors
This post was edited by yasawakic at 2013-10-24 08:56

Why?
A simple reason:

Contamination is more than 2 times higher than the UNO highest red limit.

Yes, there are contamination in other countries, but nothing, nothing like that, nothing so extreme.

That's why you split on foreing media: this time, you cannot say: USA doing the same, why can't we?

But, this is a very very serious issue: you never show us peoples who dying of this cotnamination: old peoples weakened, cancers, etc.

Imagine that: a city paralysed by contamination! streets, traffic, industries, ....and be sure of this: such things will happen more and more in China.

Maybe, peoples will become responsible, stopping thinking about their face, and worry about their children, and will start respect the earth.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-10-24 09:26:50 |Display all floors
yasawakic Post time: 2013-10-24 10:55
Why?
A simple reason:

Yes, pollution hurts invisibly and the results are there for all to see. The chinese love their children just as much as anyone else in the world. They are smart and hardworking and can make decisions in the long term interests of themselves and their children. Either we leave them to it, leave them alone with respect or if we want to help them ameliorate the situation, do so in an understanding and respectful manner, not a condescending manner, condemning manner or dictate what they should or should not do, particularly with our vested interests out there for all to see. If we want to care for our common planet, we should stop talking to each other as the 'Chinese' vs 'Others'. We are also the part of the 'others', when we approach any problem with that attitude, we can find common solution for us all - and be fair to each other.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-24 09:44:46 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-24 09:59:43 |Display all floors
The big government officials eat unpoluted food behind the high wall, maybe the food problem they can not experience themselves.
However, they breathe in the sames air as the majorities.
Poluted air is the same problem for every single Chinese, sad, but I guess it is true.
And you will see, it will be controlled.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-24 10:03:54 |Display all floors
I live in Hangzhou and I have a car and a bike.
Except rainny and snowy days, I ride to work and for outings.
I hope the air is always as good as this summer's.
PM2.5 for most of the time under 30, you can see mountains far far away and the sky is blue and you just feel so happy.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.