Author: Rearwindow

Why foreign press always targets on China's pollution?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-10-24 08:18:34 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2013-10-24 08:13
The now 'advanced' industrialized countries had a head start of about 200 years in polluting the atm ...

So, basically, you're saying that 2 wrongs do make a right??

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-10-24 08:19:26 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2013-10-24 10:22
exportedkiwi Post time: 2013-10-24 10:18
So, basically, you're saying that 2 wrongs do make a right??

Are you suggesting/accepting that there was a first wrong?
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-24 08:24:39 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2013-10-24 08:19
Are accepting that there was a first wrong?

Ideally, there should be no first wrong but it looks like you're an apologist for those who make the second!
2 wrongs never made a right (unless there were 2 folks surnamed Wrong).
I tire of those who say that because our countries did it first, when the pollution level was far below the issue it is today, then the developing countries should be allowed to do the same today.
If someone can see that logic, given the environmental issues facing the world today, then they're candidates for lobotomies!
Sorry mate (I believe you're Australian or at least, you live there), that dog ain't gonna hunt!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-24 08:29:04 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2013-10-24 10:31

This is not an ideal world, we dont seek 'no-wrongs' only fairness. And two 'supposed' wrongs do make it fair. btw, I dont believe it was 'wrong' for Europe or America to develop - their wrongs are as follows:
- Taking over and looting other countries in their quest to develop
- Not letting other countries to develop freely just like themselves
- Calling the present development 'wrong' and still trying to interfere in other people's affairs, something they would not let others do to them.
Only these are 'wrong'. If pollution is wrong today, it is the advanced countries who should reduce their per-capital shares to be on par with China or India..
Makes sense, right?
{:soso_e100:}
kiyer
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-24 08:31:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by exportedkiwi at 2013-10-24 08:32
KIyer Post time: 2013-10-24 08:29
This is not an ideal world, we dont seek 'no-wrongs' only fairness. And two 'supposed' wrongs do mak ...

2 "wrongs" may have made it fair a century ago, but it doesn't now. I think that you're missing the point deliberately. I don't know if you have kids or not but if you do, would you like to see them grow up in a world where the second "wrong" will probably directly affect their health?
I don't say it's all China's fault, or the wests. I do say that the world cannot afford to see things as simplistically as you suggest.
P.S; if you do have a family, my best regards to them. I hope they're all well.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-24 08:33:14 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2013-10-24 10:34

mate, you should hear our latest Australian prime minister or his environment minister about what they believe about climate change - that it has no proven connection to the current climate or its changes. You think you know better than them? Remember the Australian PM has access to more authentic scientific research than you or I do..{:soso_e100:}

If you are qualified, you can offer lobotomies to Australians who believe so, starting with our PM. You a qualified doctor?
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-24 08:38:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2013-10-24 10:40
exportedkiwi Post time: 2013-10-24 10:31
2 "wrongs" may have made it fair a century ago, but it doesn't now. I think that you're missing the ...

i'll worry about my family, you worry about what ever you want to, mate.  Of course, I am concerned about the climate we leave for my kids, but my accepting someone's hypocrisy is not going to do it. Sometimes, it takes two supposed wrongs to get everyone to play fair. Anyone who comes with the attitude of accusing one side is not playing fair, not likely to play fair and will likely leave the world a worse of place with a lot of have-nots and slaves in effect. I would not like my children or ANY children to inherit such a world... Would you like if your kids did? (not assuming arrogantly that your kids should always belong to the 'haves' class...)
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.