Author: voice_cd

How would you describe second language learning in your country?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-10-25 03:34:07 |Display all floors
五花肉 Post time: 2013-10-24 22:04
I start learning English from 10 years old, I think English is difficult, and I want to practice m ...

Nobody said English was easy, so you need to spend a lot of time to learn it. As in any language, if you don't use it often, you tend to forget it little by little. I wish I was in China. It would be easier for me to learn Chinese if I had to use it daily.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-10-25 04:46:28 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2013-10-25 06:47

In my country of birth, learning a second or third language was the norm. but local languages have died  out in importance and English and its speakers have acquired a 'superiority' complex. In my adopted country Australia, a second language is taught in every school with a committment to keep the primacy of English and at the same time to give everyone an opportunity to expand their personal opportunities in the world, by learning a foreign language. I think Australia has the best approach I have seen or experienced so far.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-10-25 10:40:40 |Display all floors
In the USA English is fast becoming our second language...Spanish is numero uno...
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-26 11:24:15 |Display all floors
Learning a foreign language enable one to understanding and gain access to information in that language without translation. From 21st century onwards, technologies have made possible information to be zapped across large physical distance within seconds.
If one commands English, one gets updated information on the finger tips. At times, it is that information that could change one's life completely.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-28 09:14:07 |Display all floors
I still remember one time I saw a news and its content likes that: We should learn English well, but at the same time we must keep it in our brain that we are chinese! Yes, of course. As a compulsory course in Chinese education plan, English has its magical attraction t those who like it but a nightmare to those who can't master it thigh after hard work.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-10-28 16:55:39 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2013-10-25 12:40
In the USA English is fast becoming our second language...Spanish is numero uno...

do you speak, write and read spanish?
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-3 10:44:22 |Display all floors
Learning a second language is a requirement in High School - reading, writing, speaking, listening.
Be it Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Chinese or Russian, varies by school.
In the olden days, Latin was also mandatory in Parochial Grade Schools.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.