Views: 8499|Replies: 11

Is it easier for you to open your heart through text than by voice? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-10-21 20:30:13 |Display all floors
I just thought of it because one of our members mentioned she doesn't know how to share or accept love.

... yet here, she seems to express herself pretty well, and seems willing to talk about it.

Then, I thought of my fiancé. Sometimes, she will say things in text to me that she cannot say in person; at least not yet. She can rip into me like a tigress without restraint. (me too!) Yet in person, she (and me) would never do it.

Sometimes, I will ask her to tell me her fantasies. She will tell me career fantasies, home and family life fantasies. But if I press for sexual fantasies?? No way can she tell me with her voice, even if we have just finished making love hours before. (I have no reservations here)

Later, she will tell me in an email or letter. It is baffling.

I wonder if some people get so used to relying on technology that they are more open online than in person. I wonder if it is the loss of a type of social skill.

It makes me want to cry for humanity's sake. It seems like we are evolving into robots.
Single choice vote, There are a total of 5 people participating in the poll
60.00% (3)
40.00% (2)
0.00% (0)
Your current user group has no poll permission

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-10-22 09:24:56 |Display all floors
I don't think we are turning into robots. If we were I'd get a new body tomorrow.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-22 10:07:21 |Display all floors
"It makes me want to cry for humanity's sake. It seems like we are evolving into robots"
Why? It allows her to express herself in ways you would never know before this technology existed. Go with it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-22 15:56:04 |Display all floors
Sometimes yes, but not always.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-22 16:04:40 |Display all floors

As a mature man I have no problem to open my heart or to talk everything in person but its true that sometimes the communication by writing could be more powerful and awesome than by talking face to face It will depend of the sender and the recipient.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-22 16:06:42 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-10-22 09:24
I don't think we are turning into robots. If we were I'd get a new body tomorrow.

But you are a  already. Just reading your posts, how to have doubts about it?
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2013-10-23 02:34:56 |Display all floors
Open one's heart need courage.if we say it's an art, it  seems has somewhat overstated, but when you have too much to say, you have to resort it to letter, text is not enogh, when you are in a hurry, you have to use: voice.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.