Author: DSseeing

You think sexism isn't a problem worldwide?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-10-22 07:42:44 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2013-10-22 07:39
That's just fine husbands and wives should be free to use whatever names they want. Many married c ...

Because men there made women think they should become an attachment to men, so they change their maiden surname.
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-22 07:49:43 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2013-10-22 07:21
If you want to play the nasty game your country is better than mine,  you are a shame.

In the USA ...

If as you say in China: "women here share equal right with men all the time" then why are women allowed to search the privacy of men's bodies at security checkpoints but men can never search them? It is because China assumes all men are like animals and cannot be trusted around females and also have no dignity. Virtually no other country in the world makes these shameful assumptions it is a sign of disrespectful, poverty thinking when a country does not treat men and women with the same equal respect. I have traveled the world for many years and I never encountered this kind of sexist, gender-discrimination anywhere until I came to China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-22 07:51:46 |Display all floors
Again people.....the whole leading article is extremely misleading at best.

No need to fly into a big contest here on which country is better than and who is worse than.  Geez....same ol' crap every damn thread.

Google auto-suggest is based upon most popular query strings (including firstly - your most popular searches).

Popular search strings does not equal popular thought.

We have no idea the motive behind someone searching 'women shouldn't work'.  

As a search analyst - I can tell you it tells you very little.  Things are not always what they seem.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-22 07:52:07 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2013-10-22 07:42
Because men there made women think they should become an attachment to men, so they change their m ...

Apparently women liked assumeing the last name of their husbands. If they didn't all they would have to do is refuse his marriage proposal

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-22 07:57:23 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2013-10-22 07:49
If as you say in China: "women here share equal right with men all the time" then why are women al ...

That's not discrimination at all. Tell me how many percent women would sexually harass men?

Most rapes case were committed by men instead of women.

In the UK, who has the right to access the throne? Always boys first. Please look up the law. And don't make a scene to show your ingorance and chauvinism any moe.
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-22 08:00:16 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2013-10-22 07:40
Navada have lot of brothels.

Why do American women want to be prostitutes? Because they don't hav ...

When I first went to Dubai in 2004 I discovered Chinese and Russian prostitutes everywhere. They were very beautiful. Normally you would assume a beautiful woman would not resort to prostitution she should be able to get money just because of her looks. But at clubs in Dubai I talked to the beautiful Chinese prostitutes and asked them why they were selling themselves as surely their good looks should be able to attract and well-to-do husband. They all replied money was difficult to find in China and just like the Russians they were going to Dubai to cash in on the building boom.

You are ridiculous to suggest the American government promotes gender-discrimination clearly china is the leader in that department.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-22 08:10:42 |Display all floors
idiots!  I can't even believe (talking about the opening article) this story counts as journalism.

Anyone actually try some of those suggested searches?  Try this one: 'women shouldn't have rights'

Now....actually click on the first five results.  What do you see going on here?  

Popular searches are used in the auto-suggest, and the most RELEVANT results are shown in the top ten.

The results are dominated by debates on equals rights.  They do not support the claim that the auto-suggest is reflecting sexist attitudes.  

Obviously, in this context, google is taking those search phrases and equating them with equal rights websites.  Why?  Because the majority of people, when doing those searches, clicked-thru without significant bounce-back telling google that is the kind of results expected when people search those terms.

So...........this whole thing?  Completely wrong interpretation of google auto-suggest and what that implies.  Very misleading and false information.

These powerful ads were created by head of art for Ogiilvy & Mather Dubai, who told Adweek that they “show the results of genuine searches, highlighting popular opinions across the world wide web.” <---idiots

Even though autocorrect results vary in different countries, and Adweek notes that the ads show searches done in the US, a quick search on Google Singapore (where I am based) shows that the gender inequality seems to persist across continents.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.