Author: Smaug

USA or China: Which is a "better" country to live these days?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-10-14 12:41:56 |Display all floors
Al-Hasaf Post time: 2013-10-14 10:43
You are forgetting, or possibly do not know, there is, essentially, no path to allow non-Chinese A ...

OK, now let's look at the stowaways, the illegal immigration.
USA is the destination of millions of stowaways. If it's not attractive, why shall they risk their lives to get there?
How about China? It's not on the destination list of stowaways, I only know many poor Chinese people stow away to developed countries, USA is the first choice.
One thing that's truly hard to eradicate is the idea.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-14 13:32:13 |Display all floors
Many young people may choose to go to USA for future training first ,then they come back to China .Many companies and universities employ this kind of people with a good pay.Indeed,better education and more chance can be found in USA.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-14 13:55:39 |Display all floors
China has the superior economy

China has a better chance for an educated person to live comfortably, due to lower cost of living compared to salary

I doubt these two points.
China's economic growth might be higher - but that only means that it's easier to find a job. However, earning USD 200 in China is by far not as good as earning USD 2000 in the US for the same job. Not to mention worker protection...

But especially for well-educated people, China is a difficult place to be (with the exception of Hong Kong). If you are working in finance and earn decent money, you will have to give away most of it for taxes. But even if you have money to spend, you can't buy high quality products in China (or only at a far higher price). Food quality is much lower, imports are over-regulated, the living environment is of lower quality and you can't get the cosmopolitan experience that US cities (or cities like Hong Kong or Singapore) offer you.

China's upsides are much different:
In China, you have a unique culture full of people with a "can-do" mindset. A great place for trying out new innovative business models! US-Americans are often driven by fear and doubts. Moreover, they often don't want to work that hard and want a good "work-life-balance" (outside of Wallstreet, at least) - not quite the kind of person you'd like to employ in your young business. Those smart Americans who want to work hard are so expensive, no innovative young company can afford them.

Also, China's education level is so low that it is far less competitive. If you speak several languages and boast an international education as well as a bit of social skills, you can find top jobs in China. In the US, it might get you a good job that initially pays better than the one in China - but if you're in for the big game, it's harder to succeed in a place like New York, where competition is really fierce.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-14 14:42:07 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2013-10-14 06:06
IMHO China is much better.
If I would have to choose where to live the rest of my life I would not e ...

Why?where are you from?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-14 15:17:34 |Display all floors
China has rule of law where the banksters can't rob you without getting prosecuted. In the US even the police (prison warders) rob you.
Compounding is the magic ingredient.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-14 15:53:51 |Display all floors
This post was edited by RealMadrid1 at 2013-10-14 15:54
gork Post time: 2013-10-14 15:17
In the US even the police (prison warders) rob you.

Personal Experience of this......?

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-10-14 16:10:56 |Display all floors
wanhua Post time: 2013-10-14 14:42
Why?where are you from?

I'm from Poland.

Why?
I always liked China. Now after a bit more than one year here - I'm sure.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.