Author: Smaug

USA or China: Which is a "better" country to live these days?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-10-14 10:08:01 |Display all floors
The answer of this question differs with chinese people and american people. It is hard for westerns to really understand chinese culture, but it may not be that for chinese to understand american culture. An american may never feel home in china.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-14 10:26:05 |Display all floors
Smaug Post time: 2013-10-14 09:51
When I was in China, most people treated me with indifference.

The old people glared at me angril ...

Let me tell you, the old peopel glared at you, because they all have the experience of war that started by Western countries and Japan. They think you all are bad.
The young people are fascinated to you, because you are handsome, it's really ture, more and more Chinses women want to find a foreigner partner.
The shopkeepers treated you politely, because they think all foreigners are rich, they want to buy more goods.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-10-14 10:38:01 |Display all floors
Smaug Post time: 2013-10-13 17:51
When I was in China, most people treated me with indifference.

The old people glared at me angril ...

The old people were glaring at you because of that tee shirt the giggling shop owners sold you.
老的人都傻了
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-14 10:43:32 |Display all floors
crimsonwolf Post time: 2013-10-14 09:26
As a matter of fact, I see many Chinese emigrate to USA while little Americans immigrate to China. ...

You are forgetting, or possibly do not know, there is, essentially, no path to allow non-Chinese Americans to immigrate to China.

Using Immigration numbers to determine desirability only has meaning if both involve comparable effort. I would be glad to become a permanent resident of China; but, that is not an option. As a result, I (really my employer) must go through an, intentionally, byzantine process on an annual basis.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-14 10:48:12 |Display all floors
China has the best looking women

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-14 11:04:09 |Display all floors
by yourself.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-14 11:29:13 |Display all floors
I think the US still has a better economy, even though China's has been growing. And I value personal freedoms.
The car is red. I am not.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.