Views: 9159|Replies: 20

What is the vision of China Daily? Can you really be proud of what you accomplis [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-10-10 00:18:51 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KnowledgeWisdom at 2013-10-9 18:31

When I joined China Daily, I was searching for a place whereI could meet and talk with actual Chinese people.

First I started with western blogs and forums, reading what other people’s experiences were. There is so many negative and also positive stories, that I decided to find the truth I will need a place where I can speak openly and honestly with Chinese people and with people who are currently living in China that is from a western backgroundto find a balance to seek the truth.

In western societies you are drilled to “beware” of the communist, they are the scourge of the world. So it was with some trepidation that I entered into this journey to seek the truth regarding China and its people. Lest I become influenced by this dangerous believe and doctrine. So I was happy when I chanced upon China Daily where I can communicate in English with Chinese people and also with westerners that live in China. Here was my answer where I could explore the Chinese people and their culture in an environment where I also have the perspective of westerners that does not come from a communistic background.

I have met some good people here.

In the beginning I saw myself as an ambassador to the people of China and vice versa from the Chinese people towards me. A place where we could learn from each other with respect towards each other. But alas, how rude my awakening.

All I see and experience here, is people who think they are engaged in debate, discussions, but all they do is to ridicule each other’s persons and personalities. Attacking people personally just so that they can claim the victory for their great prowess in debate. I have won because I have assassinated your character and shown the world how great a fool you are and therefore how worthless your thoughts and opinions.

Now I am speaking to both “peoples”, Western and Eastern.I`m say western and eastern because it is not limited to a specific culture or people. We are so diverse in our nationalities on this forum.

I am disgusted and disappointed in the intellectuals on thisforum for reacting in this fashion.

I am also wondering by myself, why the moderators on this forum allow this to happen and continue. Yes freedom of speech is certainly wonderful, but you can also act out your freedom of speech in such a manner that people can respect you. In every place or society there is rules, if the rules are broken then there is consequences to follow when caught.

This forum also has rules, then why are they not enacted onall people regardless of who you are? Is it really so difficult to find the perpetratorswho is always acting in this manner?

Do you as China Daily really want your website to be known as a place where people come to display their hatred towards each other? What is the vision of China Daily? Can you really be proud of what you accomplish here if you allow this situation to continue and develop?

I came here to learn about the Chinese people, to meet them,to interact with them, to learn about their culture and believes, to find the opinion of westerners that live among them so that I can form an opinion of my own regarding the Chinese people that is devoid of all the propaganda. It is difficult to achieve this desire of mine if all I find here is people who tryto belittle each other as much as possible just so that they can win theargument.

Is this all China Daily is and will be?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-10 10:28:00 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-10-10 10:46:16 |Display all floors
""In western societies you are drilled to “beware” of the communist, they are the scourge of the world.""
says it all. This forum is full of westerners trying to be obedient servants to this indoctrination.
There are very few Chinese from China on this forum.
It is an English language forum and the few Chinese that visit this forum see the hatred dished out toward China
and the Chinese people and decide not to participate.
But it is educational for the Chinese people to see how much hatred some people have for them.
I have a blog in my profile that spells this out. "Propaganda showcase to enjoy".

If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-11 09:13:09 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-10-10 05:57
You are one of this forum's leading ideological guerrileros that indiscriminately attacks people w ...

You have lead a sheltered life there on the edges of the jungles of Malaysia.
Better leave your world views in the local tavern where you might find some
sympathetic ears.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-11 11:10:23 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-10-10 19:05
When I was in Malaysia you did not show up; since I went to China you have studiously avoided comi ...

How often do you imagine you've been anywhere other than your homeland of Malaysia?
All that alcohol has done a job on your brain.

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2013-10-11 12:11:29 |Display all floors
A good post and important thread for readers to rethink the development status of our common playground! A sincere reminding to the our common friends in charging of the forum。

converge different opinions from global,debate with vivid and active manner under the principle of friendship,the principle of transmit civilization and progress thought, this should be the correct direction for the forum。

The silent majority can be affected by the positive or negative information。Making the forum more attractive will give all the members a good living environment and,attracting more world elites and folks to participate it and join us telling us their stories, how beautiful future scenario it will be!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-12 02:57:12 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-10-10 15:50
Perhaps you set too high goals for your dream (and yes, it only is a dream): to meet people with who ...

I have no problem when people disagree about a subject, what I do have a problem with is when people start attacking other peoples personalities by derogatory language aimed at shaming the person into silence or forcing them to retract from a discussion because they are not willing to engage in a contest where "mud" is slung towards each other.

Yes, there is many views where we will disagree, but it is not necessary because we disagree to try and assassinate each others personalities by remarks that is aimed to insult and inflict emotional scars.

You will always disagree with someone. There is no way to get past that. So it is not a matter of not disagreeing with other people or persons, but rather the way in which it is handled on this forum where I think, and this is my opinion, where west and east should rather learn from one another.

This platform is called China Daily for a reason. In the first place, it is about China and its people. So where better to meet Chinese people who are open to communicate with the western world than here? I can not speak in Mandarin,write in Mandarin, so for me to try and communicate with the ordinary citizen of China, it does not help me to go on Weibo, or any of the other blogging platforms where the majority of Chinese people interact. I must interact here with them where I can communicate in a language I can undesrtand and they also. Yes, their English is not perfect, but you can still understand what they are trying to communicate.

I am a peace loving man, it does not mean that I cannot get upset or that I am a pacifist that will just keep quite.

I am quite sure that there can still be heated exchanges about ideas and subjects without resorting to tactics where you have to try and subdue the other person by low and degrading methods.

I will certainly be the first to enjoy such exchanges between people, sometimes even join in, there is a lot to learn by viewing different perspectives, calling your own thoughts and believes under scrutiny to evaluate yourself to become a better person.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.