Author: shengshi

Milk delivery to mail boxes, luxury life style in China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-10-6 14:31:48 |Display all floors
Jarek Post time: 2013-10-5 18:35
I have seen them too at my appartment when I lived in Nanning. However I have never seen them used.  ...

I guess dairy farms near Nanning are easier to be found than big cities. Maybe they used to have such services.
A system that cannot nip greed in the bud, this system becomes the breeding ground of crime.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-6 14:37:33 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2013-10-5 21:03
Milk delivery at the doors was an everyday practiced in Poland, some years ago.

Every evening You s ...

Poland is rich in dairy farming but China is not. The delivery door-to-door cost maybe cheaper in China though.
A system that cannot nip greed in the bud, this system becomes the breeding ground of crime.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-6 14:40:14 |Display all floors
laincoubert Post time: 2013-10-5 21:33
In most countries now you can get anything delivered to your door
The odd thing is milk which was de ...

How does this milk box work? If it's locked, should the delivery man have a key if it's not a digital lock?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-6 14:45:51 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2013-10-6 06:43
We had bread and milk delivered when I was a child

The designer of this box must have read many jokes about the milk man and housewife affairs to come up with this no-human-contact delivery.
Now milk man can't see how scanty the housewife wears. :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-6 14:56:04 |Display all floors
shengshi Post time: 2013-10-6 14:40
How does this milk box work? If it's locked, should the delivery man have a key if it's not a digi ...

those days are far gone
used to be by horse and cart up to early '70s

you can get almost anything delivered.Like I said milk which was delivered has stopped being delivered.Not enough $ in it I suppose.
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-10-7 06:56:00 |Display all floors
shengshi Post time: 2013-10-6 14:45
The designer of this box must have read many jokes about the milk man and housewife affairs to com ...

It is only recently milk has stopped being delivered by the milko door to door. He is a victim of the shopping center culture

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-7 07:54:22 |Display all floors
Milk and Yohgurt delivered daily to my apartment in Fu Zhou.
But we don't have a little box.
The deliveryman leaves it on the bathroom windowsill.
He usually delivers in the late afternoon or early evening.
Don't argue with idiots! They will always win. First they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
When the power of love, overtakes the love of power,  the world will have peace.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.