Views: 3159|Replies: 5

China's next challenge - renewable energy [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-9-30 19:32:43 |Display all floors
China's next challenge - renewable energy

the story of China out performance the last 30 years can be summarised in 2 words...................globalisation and infrastructure investments.

the stage is set for the next challenge.......................renewable energy.

Sucess or failure depends on it.

=======================

In the latest observation by the straight-talking guest, China can still roll, but it has got some serious concerns that need to be tackled.

"I think China is currently at a crossroad because in the past 10 years China's development was mainly stimulated by investment in infrastructures. But the truth is that China's economy is filled with unstable factors, like the deteriorating environment and the destruction of land and water."

He went on to elaborate on the importance of an economic rebalance, such as cutting coal consumption and adopting cleaner energy in production.

"Energy conservation should be promoted across all the enterprises. If China follows this pattern, it will be endowed with the so-called ‘soft power' and set a great example for many other countries," he said.

His view echoes a national plan issued by the State Council in early September to fight air pollution through a variety of tough methods.

"We're entering a new era. I would like to characterize it as a rebalancing era, a rationalization of some systems that have been distorted. And (what is important is) how China can create a new growth trend based on the development of renewable energy and energy efficiency. I think this is the most critical challenge," said Brahm, who spent the last 10 years in Tibet working on the preservation of ethnic diversity through sustainable economics.p

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-30 19:36:36 |Display all floors
There is a national plan issued by the State Council ....................but this alone does not guarantee any thing.

The key question is whether China can overcome the resistance to change.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-8 08:09:56 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-15 17:08:37 |Display all floors
Maybe we can try to exploit wind energy or tidal energy.
If you are foreigners living in Qingdao, let us help you.
http://www.itolot.com/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-15 19:09:14 |Display all floors
CHAOXUAN Post time: 2014-4-15 17:08
Maybe we can try to exploit wind energy or tidal energy.

Any thing also can try......

But will China use imported technology with imported consultants or use Chinese scientists?

How much basic research?  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-21 22:07:10 |Display all floors
Actually, it has been on the 'drawing boards' for quite some time.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.