Views: 1167|Replies: 3

IPCC chair Pachauri seeks cleantech help in climate battle [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-9-24 14:10:54 |Display all floors
TUESDAY, AUGUST 13, 2013                                                                                                                                             

Policy-neutral IPCC chief strikes again: “We also found that perhaps the most effective instrument for bringing about mitigation would be a price of carbon"; also "We love debate"

IPCC chair Pachauri seeks cleantech help in climate battle
  | Yle Uutiset | yle.fi

Now the IPCC is drawing up its Fifth Assessment Report, which will again be co-edited by the IPCC’s chair, Dr. Rajendra K. Pachauri of India. On Monday, he provided a sneak preview of its findings at a "Changing Climate" seminar in Joensuu, eastern Finland, also featuring Heidi Hautala, the Finnish Minister of international Development.

According to Pachauri, the most important way of limiting the harmful effects of climate change is making polluters pay for their carbon dioxide emissions.

"There are whole range of options which are actually negative-cost options,” he told Yle. “We also found that perhaps the most effective instrument for bringing about mitigation would be a price of carbon."

The IPCC will reveal the first part of its Fifth Assessment Report in Stockholm in late September. Its director is bracing for a range of criticism of the report -- or perhaps even looking forward to it.

"We love debate, after all science only drives under debate. We welcome it, as long as it's objective and well-intentioned,"
says Pachauri.

Note to voice_cd:
I hope you will not black out this piece of very impotatnt announcement from the U.N. IPCC as it would matter to China very much!

POSTED BY TOMAT 8:27 AM

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-24 14:51:06 |Display all floors
"We love debate, after all science only drives under debate. We welcome it, as long as it's objective and well-intentioned," says Pachauri.

now...............back to you and Morano..........................

are you and Morano objective and well intentioned?

or are you a spammer?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-25 04:14:15 |Display all floors

RE: IPCC chair Pachauri seeks cleantech help in climate battle

seneca Post time: 2013-9-24 21:38
How can a Malaysiabased foreigner decide what the CHINA DAILY has to publish and what is "impotatn ...

We know Sans Souci's personal stance: CO2 is "harmless", even "good". So how can he suddenly spread the news that CO2 needs to be taxed and curbed?

Excerpts:

"According to Pachauri, the most important way of limiting the harmful effects of climate change is making polluters pay for their carbon dioxide emissions."

"There are whole range of options which are actually negative-cost options,” he told Yle. “We also found that perhaps the most effective instrument for bringing about mitigation would be a price of carbon."

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-25 08:30:40 |Display all floors
Most of the time sansukong don't even know what he cut and paste.

That is the simplest explanation.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.